By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 Graphics

one question came to my mind after playing the game for 6 hours,,,

why wasn't it mentioned before that the graphics are this good?

I mean there is no difference from cutscene to the gameplay,,,,

the graphics, character desing , texture ,every thing is better than anything I have seen this gen

I mean KZ2/Gears2 have big hypes for graphics,,,,but this game is out now and in graphics ,it is extrlemly good looking and polished,,,at times you feel like you are actually in the warzone due to millions of things goin on the screen ,,,

so as mentioned before, I m just wondering why wasn't the graphics for this game hyped?was it becasue kojima didn't show any gameplay clips for the past 8-9 months untill the release yesterday?

my last question is that do you(PS3 owners who have played MGS4)think that this game is the best looking PS3 game?(remeber it's just about the graphics )

Around the Network

i'm sure most reviews have pointed how great the graphics are, i cant wait to see it my self.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Spartan is shallow and only cares about graphics confirmed

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

looks like Crysis on medium settings

I'm only about 2 hours in but from what i've seen so far the graphics are amazing!
For me they are the best yet on the PS3!

I had my girlfriend and her parents watching, they couldnt believe how good/realistic it looked! (Although the last console they saw was a N64...)

I thought it was gonna be 1080p though...(not that it matters!)

I always look for a woman who has a tattoo. I see a woman with a tattoo, and I’m thinking, okay, here’s a gal who’s capable of making a decision she’ll regret in the future.

Around the Network
starcraft said:

nice avatar starcraft, however the piture is hiding the the horns.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

well, both IGN and Gamespot stated it's the best looking game (probably they meant on console) ever made. So that goes to say a lot about this game in the graphical department

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

woop ti doo

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

psrock said:
starcraft said:

nice avatar starcraft, however the piture is hiding the the horns.

yea man this is the new avatar for MS employees ;) ,,they told them to hide the horns for a more friendly image in the public eyes

i remember i read an interview last time when kojima said the western media had misinterpreted his message as he is not satisfied with the technical capabilities of ps3 and mgs4 didnt reach his expectation. he came out to explain that as a japanese, japanese believes in humbleness and he wont go out and claim how great and how good his game is.

i think mayb its kojimas order that not to create hype by keep advertising how good is the mgs4 graphics. he always mention about his idea and the concept of the game which is "stealth in a war situation" he wans ppl to see it as a complete game in every aspect, not only praising how great the graphic is.

thats wat i understand from all his interviews, only my personal opinion though