By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft have 2 high profile games up their sleeve...

Taken from N4G, but also it's on alot of sites around the net. M$ were right when they said they werent finished this year with 2008. And I think M$ could steal this year from August onwards in sales from PS3 worldwide. It of course depends on what these games are, but the fact that they are high profile and we already know about Too Human, BK3, GOW2, Fable 2, Halo Wars and the exclusive JRPG's this sounds very intriguing. Possibly Peter Jacksons game slash movie of Halo will be ready? Maybe Forza 3 with better graphics than GT5?Who knows. But if these are big hitters then Sony may struggle.

"Microsoft Game Studios recently showcased its Xbox 360 line-up for the rest of 2008, including big hitters Banjo-Kazooie, Fable 2 and Gears of War 2. But from what we've heard, there are two more planned for the end of the year...

According to well placed sources close to Microsoft, the publisher has two more "big" Xbox 360 games to be revealed for its 2008 line-up.

Where and when will these two games be revealed? According to our own Deep Throat, it'll happen at E3 in Los Angeles, probably during Microsoft's pre-event press conference on Monday, July 14.

Our source didn't specify whether the pair of games will be totally new titles, or just missing names from the 360 line-up (Halo Wars or Alan Wake would be fantastic additions to the 360 Christmas list).

One of the games could even utilise the heavily rumoured 360 motion controller, which is sounding more and more real as the year progresses.

Excellent news then, if true, considering that Microsoft's '08 roster already looks pretty solid with Fable and Gears. Either way, we'll keep our ear to the ground and keep you posted on more developments..."

http://www.n4g.com/News-151652.aspx 

Around the Network

Awesome news.

I'm hoping it's 2 new IPs, even if they slip into 2009.

One might very well b Halo Wars though.

-Too Human
-Alan Wake
-Gears of War 2
-Fable 2
-Halo Wars

-Banjo Kazooie
-Infinite Undiscovery
-The Last Remnant
-Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Maybe they were talking about some of this games :)

By the end of this generation in 2011 we will have:

18.890.000 + (174 x 120.000) = 39.770.000 for XBOX360
12.610.000 + (174 x 170.000) = 42.190.000 for PS3

M$ is finally making loot off their console. The 360 is selling better NOW than it did last year. To think that M$ is finished is just plain insane. M$ is just laughing, reaping profits and waiting until the right time to lower prices in the U.S. That lead that Sony cut into will widen back to 7-8 million with just a $50 price cut in the U.S.

Screw Japan and worry about the U.S. and others markets. Hats off to M$ for holding off on a price cut for this long. I would have hit consumers with one right before GTA.

This year is gonna be insane. Mark my words.

@ChartsViewer: Tales of Valoria or Halo Chronicles, Last Remnant isn't exclusive.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

You'r right man :)

By the end of this generation in 2011 we will have:

18.890.000 + (174 x 120.000) = 39.770.000 for XBOX360
12.610.000 + (174 x 170.000) = 42.190.000 for PS3

@madskillz

in your dreams...the gap will get smaller now....and continue so

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I hope these games arn't just "Singstar 360" with the audio device "lips" and "token kiddie game" with "360mote."

C'MON PERFECT DARK 2!!!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Knights of the old republic 3 would be an ideal announcement as it'd just further rub salt into the wound. Its the type of thing microsoft would do.

Yeah. KNights of the Old Republic 3 or Jade Empire 2 exclusive would be HUGE!!!!

IT would only happen if MS had a deal in place BEFORE EA bought Bioware though.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS