By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Retro Studios Seeks Additional Talent

Retro Studios Seeks Additional Talent

Metroid masterminds looking for new creative director and senior engineer.
Retro Studios is hiring. The company behind the acclaimed Metroid Prime series is looking for talented people to fill new positions within the company -- namely, a creative director and a senior engineer. The software maker was kind enough to forward us an official ad, which will also be featured in the next issue of Game Developer Magazine. Check it out below, and if you've got the skills, you won't find a better creative outlet out there.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/881/881711p1.html

Around the Network

It'll be great if they can work on 2 projects at the same time. Nintendo needs to fork over the bucks to expand Retro Studios. Perhaps this is news of what I've been waiting years for.

Interesting. Retro has some great people and has done some great work. If they do expand they need to do it right. The last thing we want is to go from one excellent team to two mediocre teams.

How does this in any way signal Retro splitting into two teams? If I understand it correctly, they're only asking for 2 new people to fill 2 positions they have open.

Did Retro ever find anyone to replace Mark Haigh-Hutchinson? The programmer who died earlier this year.

wfz said:
How does this in any way signal Retro splitting into two teams? If I understand it correctly, they're only asking for 2 new people to fill 2 positions they have open.

Did Retro ever find anyone to replace Mark Haigh-Hutchinson? The programmer who died earlier this year.
Or the two programmers that left a few months ago.

Around the Network

Retro shouldnt work on 2 games at once, they need to give their full attention to a single game, orwe might end up with 2 crappy games by retro studios. instead of 1 great game.

YOu guys, I think retro could handle 2 games and make them both good. You know if they aren't good nintendo will either can it or, or delay it. Don't worry.

Fantastic development studio. Can't wait for their next game.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I just wonder if that rumor of Retro Studios developing that 1st person LoZ game that Miyamoto wanted is true. If true I can see them developing a LoZ title and designing a Metroid title at the same time.

Cant wait for Retro's next big game.