By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 just the start of a software Avalanche coming this year

007ybrik said:
konnichiwa said:
FJ-Warez said:
So, four games is an avalanche now :P, well after this sentence:

"He also hopes MGS4 will encourage some of the millions of hibernating PS2 fans to come out the woodwork and grab a PS3. "

I know he is only j/k...

Why just j/k?   He is hoping it;..He doesn't state it as a fact;..  And it is not a strange thought that some of the millions of PS2 owners will think about buying a PS3 now and eventually do it.

A avalanche of exclusivities would be wrong but their are a lot of games coming and I am sure the most PS3 owners have to made decisions of witch game they will buy or not because they don't have the money for all of them.

LBP
Resistance 2
Socom
Wipeout HD
Motorstorm 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed.
Street Fighter IV
Bioshock
Soul Calibur IV
BattleField Bad Company
Brothers in Arms
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Madden
Lego Batman
World In Conflict
Baja
Golden Axe
Tom Clancy Hawxk
Buzz
Silent Hill
Afro Samurai
Dead Space
Fallout 3
Ghostbusters
Far Cry 2
Fifa 09
Saints Row 2
Prince Of Persia
Mortal Kombat VS DC
Tomb Raider
Valkyria Chronicles
Siren

Yes I believe with looking to that list that the most will see it as avalanche..

saints rows 2 is multiplatform?

anyway i see multiple multiplatform titles

Yes Saints Row 2 so far I know is multiplatform the only reason that the first one was an exclusive for X360 was because PS3 was not on the market same with games as Condemned...

Uhm yes a lot of multiplatform titles does this mean we can't see it as a huge group of games coming to the PS3?

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
FJ-Warez said:

"He also hopes MGS4 will encourage some of the millions of hibernating PS2 fans to come out the woodwork and grab a PS3. "

I know he is only j/k...

Why just j/k?   He is hoping it;..He doesn't state it as a fact;..  And it is not a strange thought that some of the millions of PS2 owners will think about buying a PS3 now and eventually do it.

A avalanche of exclusivities would be wrong but their are a lot of games coming and I am sure the most PS3 owners have to made decisions of witch game they will buy or not because they don't have the money for all of them.

LBP
Resistance 2
Socom
Wipeout HD
Motorstorm 2
Street Fighter IV
Bioshock
Soul Calibur IV
BattleField Bad Company
Brothers in Arms
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Madden
Lego Batman
World In Conflict
Baja
Golden Axe
Tom Clancy Hawxk
Buzz
Silent Hill
Afro Samurai
Dead Space
Fallout 3
Ghostbusters
Far Cry 2
Fifa 09
Saints Row 2
Prince Of Persia
Mortal Kombat VS DC
Tomb Raider
Valkyria Chronicles
Siren

Yes I believe with looking to that list that the most will see it as avalanche..

How many are exclusives???

He only hinted four, anyways, is just PR spin since we know the installed base of MGS2-3 on the PS2 and it will be very interesting to watch MGS4 reach that mark, and make millions buy a PS3...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
konnichiwa said:
007ybrik said:
konnichiwa said:
FJ-Warez said:

I know he is only j/k...

LBP
Resistance 2
Socom
Wipeout HD
Motorstorm 2
Street Fighter IV
Bioshock
Soul Calibur IV
BattleField Bad Company
Brothers in Arms
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Madden
Lego Batman
World In Conflict
Baja
Golden Axe
Tom Clancy Hawxk
Buzz
Silent Hill
Afro Samurai
Dead Space
Fallout 3
Ghostbusters
Far Cry 2
Fifa 09
Saints Row 2
Prince Of Persia
Mortal Kombat VS DC
Tomb Raider
Valkyria Chronicles
Siren

saints rows 2 is multiplatform?

anyway i see multiple multiplatform titles

Yes Saints Row 2 so far I know is multiplatform the only reason that the first one was an exclusive for X360 was because PS3 was not on the market same with games as Condemned...

Uhm yes a lot of multiplatform titles does this mean we can't see it as a huge group of games coming to the PS3?

y... well ... err true^^

wfz said:
An avalanche is just a bunch of tiny snowballs all falling down at the same time right?

Massive amounts of shovelware confirmed for PS3 this year!

No, that would be a snowfall. So you don't know what an avalanche looks like. Don't you watch enough cartoons?

FJ-Warez said:
konnichiwa said:
FJ-Warez said:

I know he is only j/k...

LBP
Resistance 2
Socom
Wipeout HD
Motorstorm 2
Street Fighter IV
Bioshock
Soul Calibur IV
BattleField Bad Company
Brothers in Arms
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Madden
Lego Batman
World In Conflict
Baja
Golden Axe
Tom Clancy Hawxk
Buzz
Silent Hill
Afro Samurai
Dead Space
Fallout 3
Ghostbusters
Far Cry 2
Fifa 09
Saints Row 2
Prince Of Persia
Mortal Kombat VS DC
Tomb Raider
Valkyria Chronicles
Siren

How many are exclusives???

2)He only hinted four, anyways, is just PR spin since we know the installed base of MGS2-3 on the PS2 and it will be very interesting to watch MGS4 reach that mark, and make millions buy a PS3...

6-8?  I really don't know...  I really don't think the most PS3 owners are going to care about it if it is exclusive or not I think they rather will be overwhelmed and have a hard time choosning witch one they will pick up;. (and then I didn't have named all games that will come).

2)  Well it is possible that I am bad at reading Comphrension but he is not saying millions of PS2 owners are going to get a PS3 for MGS4 he just said some will (but I understand that you think he means millions)...

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:

6-8?  I really don't know...  I really don't think the most PS3 owners are going to care about it if it is exclusive or not I think they rather will be overwhelmed and have a hard time choosning witch one they will pick up;. (and then I didn't have named all games that will come).

2)  Well it is possible that I am bad at reading Comphrension but he is not saying millions of PS2 owners are going to get a PS3 for MGS4 he just said some will (but I understand that you think he means millions)...

He is hoping that MGS4 will move some millions of PS3... or just some?

"He also hopes MGS4 will encourage some of the millions of hibernating PS2 fans to come out the woodwork and grab a PS3."

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

now we have to wait until resistance2

Magnific0 said:
wfz said:
An avalanche is just a bunch of tiny snowballs all falling down at the same time right?

Massive amounts of shovelware confirmed for PS3 this year!

No, that would be a snowfall. So you don't know what an avalanche looks like. Don't you watch enough cartoons?

I meant falling down a mountain, not falling from the sky.

Either way, Kim Possible makes it look really easy to dodge and outrun avalanches, so I wouldn't be worried if I were Nintendo or Microsoft. 

FJ-Warez said:
konnichiwa said:

He is hoping that MGS4 will move some millions of PS3... or just some?

"He also hopes MGS4 will encourage some of the millions of hibernating PS2 fans to come out the woodwork and grab a PS3."

I'm sure he'd prefer millions but will have to settle for a result closer to some

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome

LBP, RES2, MS2 ---- these are the Exclusives I am DYING to play

ofcourse they won't beat MGS4...
______

SW:FU, Fallout 3 -- these are the multiplats I am DYING to play

ofcourse they won't beat MGS4
________

Fable 2 -- is the only game from my HATED console that I am DYING to play

ofcourse it won't beat MGS4
________

TOS2, SSBB (EU late release FTW) -- are the wii games I am DYING to play

ofcourse the won't be better than MGS4