By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Ds details..

Fire Emblem DS Detailed

Online play for portable remake.

Fully titled Fire Emblem: New Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light (the English translation is our own -- Nintendo has yet to give the game an official English name), this first DS installment in the storied series is actually a remake of the original Fire Emblem. The basics of the game aren't being changed much from the original and its sequels as players alternate between event scenes and strategic battles.

There's one big difference here: online play. Developer Intelligent Systems is making use of Nintendo's Wi-Fi Connect service to give the title long distance multiplayer -- a first for the series. You begin an online battle by first creating a team using up to five units that you've built up in the single player story mode. Battles take place over versus-specific maps.

Fire Emblem hits the Japanese DS on August 7 at 4,800 yen.

Around the Network

I might get this if it comes out in the US. I played FE7(the first game in the series to come out in America) and liked it though I never got the chance to beat it.

I always wished for PvP in Fire Emblem. As a FE fan, this is a must buy for me.

A must buy, FE multiplayer I will be playing that.

Online FE? Woohoo! I may just stop purchasing DS games after this one

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Around the Network

5 players won't make that much tactics.

Kill healer, then mages, then warriors - who won't get that.

Anyway, my 2nd most anticipated title.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Frankly, who cares about online. I'd buy this for 200 dollars, and never touch the WiFi.

Radiant Dawn is still my favorite game this gen.

I'd stab a guy to play this game.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Riachu said:
I might get this if it comes out in the US. I played FE7(the first game in the series to come out in America) and liked it though I never got the chance to beat it.

Thank to Super Smash Bros Melee, without it Fire Emblem will never  come out outside Japan.

Can't wait for this too come out, I'm going to end up importing this straight away

Oyvoyvoyv said:
5 players won't make that much tactics.

Kill healer, then mages, then warriors - who won't get that.

Anyway, my 2nd most anticipated title.

I agree, but unconventional parties like no-mages/healers or mages-only, would be interesting to cope against. If there are enough of these units to begin with. Other ideas would be bringing very fast units like thiefs, myrmidons, speedy archers and pegasus knights. Heck, somebody could even try a 4xdancer a with his best unit and try to lock his enemy at narrow spots, if it will even be possible to have 4 dancers...