By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Both Gamespot and Gamespot UK give MGS4 10/10

GameSpot sucks, and I don't put any stock in their scores, but the game certainly deserves it from what I've played so far.

Around the Network

Finally GameSpot gives credit to a PS3 exclusive.

Game deserves it but STILL HATE Gamespot for giving R & C a 7.5

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

is gamespot uk and gamespot different reviewers? Apparently the game was 91% on gamerankings its up to 94% now with tons upon tons upon tons of 90+ reviews missing.

Gamespot wow....

Around the Network

@pooperscooper

thats because no American online sites reviewed it till today

we still have PSXTREME, Gamespy n some others left I think

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

these MGS4 reviews remind me of a certain article on this site

"This one goes to Eleven"

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I don't think this game is 10/10 per se but I have a feeling it will end up being one of my favorite(if not my absolute favorite) game released this year

darthdevidem01 said:

yes mgs4 is a 10/10 game and the best game so far this generation. i bet fanboy sites like 1up and eurogamer were in total pain when they were playing mgs4 on ps3. i can picture them looking down at thier pad and seeing its a ps3 pad, must have done some damage on thier faces.

re: R&C yes GS review was one of the worst ive read quote "R&C seems to suffer from an idendity crisis"

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Machina-AX said:
Question:

What's the criteria for a site to have its review counted on Metacritic, Gamestats, Gamerankings etc?

Its basically whatever reviewers they believe are valid. Gamerankings is part of the umbrella of Cnet network, just like Gamespot - so its a given that they'll appear on Gamerankings. Although I do believe that one of those was talking about removing GS reviews after the whole Kane and Lynch saga, but I'm not sure if it happened.

Skeeuk said:
darthdevidem01 said:

yes mgs4 is a 10/10 game and the best game so far this generation. i bet fanboy sites like 1up and eurogamer were in total pain when they were playing mgs4 on ps3. i can picture them looking down at thier pad and seeing its a ps3 pad, must have done some damage on thier faces.

re: R&C yes GS review was one of the worst ive read quote "R&C seems to suffer from an idendity crisis"

I really hope that you're just some troll or intentional mockery of a Sony fan. But if thats not the case then I sorta feel sorry for you. Sorta.

People who review games tend to love games, regardless of platform. Plus most of them got into the industry during the PS generation. Still, just keep telling yourself that they're biased so you can marginalize a meaningless score they gave to MGS.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"