By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL charts week 24 (2008), METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF PATRIOTS first week

in europe it's is tracking on par with GT5P but GT5P have sold 1.14 million in europe in 2 months. In the USA and japan the game will go further than GT5P.

Around the Network

It almost sold as much as MGS2 and that game sold over 300k. There is hope of better legs unlike in Japan.

darthdevidem01 said:
@mrstickball

how is it not good??

it on par with previous titles....enlighten me please??

Last I checked...MGS4 was touted to be the supreme saviour of all that is Playstation 3...Right?

Yet it sells 2k above GT5p.  

So maybe it's just merely me, but I tend to think that with the hardcore nature of the MGS series, that it's going to see poor legs in Europe, and drop somewhat quickly.

Having said that, I'm not trying to be pessimistic for MGS4 in the US or Japan. It's obviously done gangbusters in Japan, and has a good shot at being the 2nd largest PS3 release in Japan for this entire generation (next to FFXIII). But again...I expected closer to GTA-type numbers for it, as MGS needs that sort of launch to counteract the fact that I don't feel the game will sell well 2 weeks from now in PALand. 

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Amazing sales of MGS4 in Japan was the reason many expected higher numbers from MGS4 then MGS2.

It's doing what other MGS games did, which is what Konami was hoping for. 99% of the people on this board did not think that was even possible.

I need to be refreshed again. Why does the PS3 need saving now when its doing almost 3 times what it did last year at the time, while continuously outselling its main competitor?

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

...Maybe because it's predecessor was selling about 2-3 times as many consoles per week?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Dominating its predecessor and needing "saving" is two different things. Last year, the PS3 was headed to be doomed at this time (out of the market and / or third parties completely dropping them). Sure the Wii is getting all the sales, but most third parties care more about the PS360 still.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

seems like MGS 4 wasn't the huge seller that people expected.

Not surprising, i expected this kind of numbers, barely above GT 5 prologue.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

oh god....here comes the doom n gloom

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

So, no 1.3 million sales on the first day it seems. I say 1.5 million max WW this week.

I will gladly wait and see the actual numbers for this week WW, a lot of people will be eating crow.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies