By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Fable 2 Screens. One sexy looking game.

selnor said:

Yes I've played MGS4 for 5 hours yesterday. The game is amazing. However there is alot of poor low res textures in there that ruin the look. And some screen tear. Sorry it's true. Still give MGS4 9/10.

I call BS. Where did you see a poor texture? And where did you see screen tear?

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
selnor said:

Yes I've played MGS4 for 5 hours yesterday. The game is amazing. However there is alot of poor low res textures in there that ruin the look. And some screen tear. Sorry it's true. Still give MGS4 9/10.

Mother of god.  Its back.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

TheRealMafoo said:
selnor said:

Strictly speaking I didnt have the controller for 5 hours, my mate played most of it. But are you saying you cant see it? For instance when Snake is running up the stairs to get away from the(half life 2 episode 2 copies) walking machines, there is low res textures at the top of the stairs and all over the room at the top(mainly the floor). Lots of rails and things are low res textures and the stupid thing is it was in cutscenes. Screen tear was minimal but there every once in awhile. Just not what I expected from Kojima. Still the game is awesome. Just wasnt absolutely wowed graphically. But the graphics get 9/10 from me.

TheRealMafoo said:
selnor said:

Strictly speaking I didnt have the controller for 5 hours, my mate played most of it. But are you saying you cant see it? For instance when Snake is running up the stairs to get away from the(half life 2 episode 2 copies) walking machines, there is low res textures at the top of the stairs and all over the room at the top(mainly the floor). Lots of rails and things are low res textures and the stupid thing is it was in cutscenes. Screen tear was minimal but there every once in awhile. Just not what I expected from Kojima. Still the game is awesome. Just wasnt absolutely wowed graphically. But the graphics get 9/10

SpartanFX said:
@starcarft,,I just watched some of the co-op with the girl and the dog,,,

let's just say that our standards for beautiful graphics are faaaaaaaaaaaar apart.

Don't get me wrong,,it's a good looking game but still

MGS4>Uncharted>gears>mass effect>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fable2

The thing is that you love the game and that has blinded your vision ;) which is more than ok,,,but trying to convince us to beileve the same thing is just hilarious .

Ooops, Right there.Either you're blinded by your fanb... errrr, enthusiasm, or you didn't play the game. There are many many impressive elements in this game but best looking game ever? According to IGN, at least. Exactly as GTAIV PS3 was better looking than its 360 counterpart. LOLZ

Man, you haven't even play Mass Effect or Gears of War. What the heck are you talking about??

And before you ask, yes, I'm watching my cousin play MGS4 for 5 straight hours. (and I'm bored...)

Around the Network
selnor said:
TheRealMafoo said:
selnor said:

Strictly speaking I didnt have the controller for 5 hours, my mate played most of it. But are you saying you cant see it? For instance when Snake is running up the stairs to get away from the(half life 2 episode 2 copies) walking machines, there is low res textures at the top of the stairs and all over the room at the top(mainly the floor). Lots of rails and things are low res textures and the stupid thing is it was in cutscenes. Screen tear was minimal but there every once in awhile. Just not what I expected from Kojima. Still the game is awesome. Just wasnt absolutely wowed graphically. But the graphics get 9/10

Man! You are in my brain! Get out of here!

TheRealMafoo said:

Actually, I take that back. From a pure visual point of view, GT5:p looks better then Uncharted.

It's not as good of a game as I would like it to be, but it's visuals are unmatched by any game.

EDIT: On a console ;) (Crysis fans please go away :p)

no it's rock star table tennis the best :P 

DMeisterJ said:
The blockiness of the character models is bad no matter what your style is. Unless the person looking at it is biased toward the game, and the console is on...

The same could be said for most Anime.

Sometimes movies and games are produced to portray a certain feel or style, not to attempt photo-realism.  Crackdown is another example of this.

Personally, I tend to favor games that go for photo-realism, but if the story and gameplay are compelling, then I really don't worry about it unless the graphics are just terribly done (as some can attest with the current crop of Ubisoft games).

SpartanFX said:

Without fanboy PS3 glasses:

Fable2=Oblivion>Uncharted>MGS4>Mass Effect>Gears 

Slimebeast said:
SpartanFX said:

Without fanboy PS3 glasses:

Fable2=Oblivion>Uncharted>MGS4>Mass Effect>Gears

With Proper Eyesight

Oblivion> Fable2

Uncharted > Fable 2