By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Fable 2 Screens. One sexy looking game.

The graphics look nicer than the average game but I don't see anything about this game that could be the best in any category.

As for comparing the graphics of a linear to an open game being valid that's absolute bullshit , if the game is an open /free roam game then you can't argue it to be the best looking graphical game because of the amount of recources an open/free roaming game requires.

@ Starcraft , Fable 2 Should look better than uncharted considering they would have had far more development time but from what i've seen currently Uncharted is the superior looking game.

Around the Network
Million said:
The graphics look nicer than the average game but I don't see anything about this game that could be the best in any category.

As for comparing the graphics of a linear to an open game being valid that's absolute bullshit , if the game is an open /free roam game then you can't argue it to be the best looking graphical game because of the amount of recources an open/free roaming game requires.

@ Starcraft , Fable 2 Should look better than uncharted considering they would have had far more development time but from what i've seen currently Uncharted is the superior looking game.

Did you watch the co-op gameplay demonstration video?

As it is the best demonstration we have of what Fable 2 will look like, albeit 8 months from launch.

And it certainly looks better than Uncharted did, open-world game or not. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I don't think I need to watch the game in motion to have a fair assesment of it , I couldn't see for example Fable being 50% better in motion wheras Uncharted was only 15% better in motion , in generaly you'll see similar improvments from both games in motion.

I think the screenshots is a fair enough basis to say that uncharted is still the superior looking game , Your renowned for your bias and fanboyism , Fable 2 could look like SMG and you'd still say it was the best looking game of any console .

Million said:
I don't think I need to watch the game in motion to have a fair assesment of it , I couldn't see for example Fable being 50% better in motion wheras Uncharted was only 15% better in motion , in generaly you'll see similar improvments from both games in motion.

I think the screenshots is a fair enough basis to say that uncharted is still the superior looking game , Your renowned for your bias and fanboyism , Fable 2 could look like SMG and you'd still say it was the best looking game of any console .
 Well if you havent watched it and in particular seen the part after the fight where they go town the windmill and hut(best shadowing and lighting in any game I've seen) then you cant comment. I was quite surprised when I saw this as I didnt expect to be thinking it's one of the top 5 best graphics this year. And now I'm thinking that. And on the motion, Uncharted was quite jerky in places. Fable 2 seems smooth in the non direct feed video. I posted it about 12 posts back.:) 

Million said:
I don't think I need to watch the game in motion to have a fair assesment of it 

That was where the relevance of your post ended.

Somehow I doubt you'll maintain that same line if I decide to base my opinion of a PS3 exclusive on screenshots in the future. 

Around the Network

Ps3 fanboys shitting on awesome games they won't be able to play. A daily occurrence here, at the vgchartz forums. Starcraft, give it up - uncharted's been the only thing worth playing for them in 18 months (besides watered down ports): they are proud of it =)

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Fable 2's graphics are fucking awesome. End of argument. There are so many aspects to love about this game that graphics are actually not the top of the list(which is saying something). That is how good this game is gonna be. Loved the first one but though it could have been so much more, hopefully that is were the 2nd one comes in.

Bitmap Frogs said:
Ps3 fanboys shitting on awesome games they won't be able to play. A daily occurrence here, at the vgchartz forums. Starcraft, give it up - uncharted's been the only thing worth playing for them in 18 months (besides watered down ports): they are proud of it =)

Giving it up to Fable 2 in any way shape or form would be like admitting their $600 console was a paper weight huh?

starcraft said:
Jandre002 said:
You know MGS4 came out yesterday right? So while the day before yesterday this would have been "sexy" it has now been downgraded to "damn near sexy" because the bar has been raised by approx. 6.25 sex points.

In all seriousness though, that looks pretty good for an RPG.
Graphically MGS4 isn't that impressive. Or did you mean overall sexiness? Not even Sony fans have been hyping MGS4's graphics.

did I read that right,,,did you just say this game looks beter than MGS4???

looool

let me put it this way ,,,there isn't a single game (not even uncharted,assasin's creed,greas of war,mass effect,...) that looks nearly as good as MGS4,,,,you ll believe it when you play the game on an HD TV 

don't let fanboyism kill your appreciation of another game's graphics,,,,,welll  I guess that  has happened long time ago ;)

starcraft said:
Bitmap Frogs said:

Giving it up to Fable 2 in any way shape or form would be like admitting their $600 console was a paper weight huh?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).