By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Fable 2 Screens. One sexy looking game.

I find it a little strange that some people are comparing Uncharted to Fable 2 considering they're not in the same genre. RPGs tend to generally be much larger than action games so it would be reasonable to assume that the amount of detail might not be the same.

It would make more sense to compare a PS3 RPG to it. Surely the PS3 must have a couple of RPGs that could be used for comparison. I noticed pics of Oblivion in the thread, what other RPGs have been released for PS3 in North America and Europe?

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
@stracraft

I ll just make a thread in sony see what they think of the graphics(the people who played both MGS4),,I m not kidding you when I say the game is the best looking game created to date.

Oh I know your not kidding.

Your biased.

And cant you do it in one of your 87 existing MGS4 threads? 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Legend11 said:
I find it a little strange that some people are comparing Uncharted to Fable 2 considering they're not in the same genre. RPGs tend to generally be much larger than action games so it would be reasonable to assume that the amount of detail might not be the same.

It would make more sense to compare a PS3 RPG to it. Surely the PS3 must have a couple of RPGs that could be used for comparison. I noticed pics of Oblivion in the thread, what other RPGs have been released for PS3 in North America and Europe?

OUCH!

I know some of the Sony fans in this thread are being a bit unreasonable, but did you really have to do THAT to them?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Rock_on_2008 said:
starcraft said:
Once again whilst the environments look like the best seen on a console so far, the character models retain Fable one's "blockiness." Thats either good or bad depending on what you think of the style.

The Fable "blockiness" is part of the art style of the characters within the game. Fable 's strongest points will have to be its gameplay and storyline.

Gameplay is very important in a game. there have been some good looking games with top graphics with average gameplay. Crysis for PC is a fine example of that.

You have it backwards: Crysis has awesome gameplay, and the most worrisome part about Fable 2 is the story and gameplay.

The first Fable had a mediocre story, it was almost completely linear, and it was one of the easiest games I've ever played.

Legend11 said:

I see you are back, it's fair to say that , however, only one rpg counts when it comes to rpgs and your console of choice does not have it.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
starcraft said:

@ Mafoo.

You commented that Fable 2's greenery is "puffed up" to make it look better, but the reasons why something looks better do not prevent it from looking better.  That I believe is the very same as your argument that Uncharted "looks better" because its a corridor shooter/adventure game.

lol, I never said it looks better. I said it was the direction they went to better fit with the bad looking characters (I left out bad looking, because I thought that was obviously implied).

I am not even sure why we are talking about this anymore, now that I have gotten some sleep.

Both look great, why do we care what one looks better? 

SpartanFX said:
@starcarft,,I just watched some of the co-op with the girl and the dog,,,

let's just say that our standards for beautiful graphics are faaaaaaaaaaaar apart.

Don't get me wrong,,it's a good looking game but still

MGS4>Uncharted>gears>mass effect>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fable2

The thing is that you love the game and that has blinded your vision ;) which is more than ok,,,but trying to convince us to beileve the same thing is just hilarious .

Actually if yu watched long enough to get to the windmill farm you wouldnt have said that. I neverexpected much graphically. But this off screen vid showed me the best lighting I've seen, best shadowing I've seen and some insanely detailed textures. It's definately top 5 for graphics this gen.

Edit: Bioshock>Gears>>MGS 4>Fable 2(could change if they screw it up)>Uncharted>>Mass Effect.

Yes I've played MGS4 for 5 hours yesterday. The game is amazing. However there is alot of poor low res textures in there that ruin the look. And some screen tear. Sorry it's true. Still give MGS4 9/10.

Bloom? I thought that was a Wii exclusive.

I'm hyped for this game because I can't wait to play it with my bf. Fable 1 is enjoyable but this looks like it'll have some major improvements. Can't really tell until playing it but it looks fun and that's all that matters to me.

I'll agree though that the game looks better in videos than in screenshots. I can't comment about if it looks better or not than Uncharted. I played Oblivion on PS3 a little but I'll wait to play Fable 2 before saying any comment on the graphics.

psrock said:
Legend11 said:

I see you are back, it's fair to say that , however, only one rpg counts when it comes to rpgs and your console of choice does not have it.

Neither will yours for over a year, but don't be too sad about it... there's always the mediocre Heavenly Sword, sub-hd resolution GTA4, the inferior orange box port and the no-online VF5 to pass time in the meanwhile. All those games in your profile that you paid money for - you know, good gaming value just as the ps3.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).