By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MGS 4 First Day sales = 1.8 million

MGS4 is aces, game of the millenium will be GT5 of GeOW2!

Around the Network

FF XIII would be the best game ever for RPG fans. But if you do not like RPG's I would say steer clear of RPG's and play the racers and shooters, GT 5, R2, KZ2, GeOW 2 and MGS 4.
BTW: I can not stand RPG's because I have ADD.

So, what in the hell is the point of this thread?

DMeisterJ said:
So, what in the hell is the point of this thread?

There does not need to be a point to the thread. It is just a PS3 fanboy prediction on MGS 4 first day sales thread. My prediction for both MGS 4 and PS3 weekly sales has been provided.

BTW: VGChartz will have their sales numbers. Thank you in advance to "Source" and "ioi", when they get their numbers together next week. Official Sony numbers will provide again different sales numbers. Numerous other sales tracking sites will also provide a lot of different sales numbers.

IMO this thread should be either locked or the title changed. How many people how it fouled so far?

Around the Network

I gave a pretty conservative prediction before of 1.4 million first week and 250K PS3 sold.

Looks like it's going to be close to 1.5 times that at least.

What does this tell you?

*exclusive sells
* good games are rewarded
* PS3 owners are pretty bloody hardcore

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

3 million first week thats huge

The best RPG has already been made (Planescape torment for those who are pc illiterate). Now back to the thread. Those sales are a bit high but it will definitely sell over a 1 million first week. No idea about how much the ps3 will sell though.

Rock_on_2008 said:

Japan first day sales = 300k copies of MGS 4
Europe/Others sales = 750k copies of MGS4
America/Canada sales = 750k copies of MGS 4

Combined first day MGS 4 total sales = 1.8 million

Expected First week worldwide sales of MGS 4 around 3 million copies.
PS3 weekly sales 500 000 consoles for MGS 4 week launch.
Comment people.

*cough*

errm no.
similar to your last "prediction" thread in that is is vastly implausable.

I will ignore 1st day sales and concentrate on week 1.

Japan: 300-400k
Europe/other: 400-500k
Americas: 200-300k

1st week sales: 900-1200k

Max 1500k if it suprises me in America.

----------

PS3 hardware will be lucky if it manages 300k WW never mind 500k. I expect more like 200-250k

---Edit, if the Japan  1st day numbers in that other thread are correct, then  my Japan 1st week may be a bit low, it will probably fall between  400-450k

those numbers are rather highhhh.I don't think it can hit 1.8 first week ,,let alone day one