By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MGS4 Japan --- First day sales

Rath said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Huge first day MGS 4 sales in Japan 300k. Should be like 600k+ for first week in Japan.

I'd say not, MGS4 is afterall the epitome of hardcore game, it is likely to be very frontloaded and. Very very nice first day sales though, massive in fact.

Remember these sales don't include mgs4 bundles so 600k ltd is almost confirmed.

Around the Network

OMFG,this is WAY better that what I expected even in my more optimistic dreams.300K first day without the bundles??I expected 300K for the whole week with all the bundles included!!

DMC had 180 or so first day, 300 first week.

500K is a fairly safe bet for first week MGS 4 in Japan, bundles won't be huge here.

I cannot imagine Europe and America being smaller than Japan, when they have 2.5 and 3.0 times the installbase.

750K Europe and 750K America could easily happen, leaving it around 2M.

That would make it open about as well as GTA IV Ps3, better than Supermario Galaxy and better than Mario Kart Wii.

It would be second to only GTA 360, Halo 3 and SSBB.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Guys, bundles in Japan won't do a lot. 50K for the entire week is optimistic as hell.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

If these numbers are correct then I am impressed. 300k on first day without bundles in Japan. That's just the first day, so the first week is going to be really impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing it's first week sales on VGChartz, should be interesting to see how it and the PS3 sold.

Around the Network

First day sales with rain and so on...600k first week easily in Japan! And with bundles 650-700k i say.

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Guys, bundles in Japan won't do a lot. 50K for the entire week is optimistic as hell.

@Oyvoyvoyv

I think the bundles will matter in Japen, there were over 100K bundles available including MGS4. ALso there are the "Grey" Konami bundles wich nobody knows how many were available of. 

And all of those will be sold during this week.

Remember that the bundles are 80Gb machines ,the loved ones for the japanese because of the BC.Before there werent more BC machines left the PS3 was selling easily 35K units weekly.

Those are better first day numbers than I expected, although it is far from certain it will end in the 500-600k range for first week as some here are claiming to be a certainty already. It should end up as the best selling PS3 game after 1 week though, which is pretty impressive.

Very impressive..
But very good because the game is undoubtetly good