By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you hate Nintendo because they made too much money?

Why would we. By them making more money, they can make more games and also more hardware. It's good for the fans as we (hopefully) get more out of it.

Around the Network

Actually, that's why I love them.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

As a supporter of capitalism I can't hate a company for making money. It just doesn't work any other way.

Hate a company for fulfilling it's primary function.....lol

Negative. I'm happy its making money. I like their money printing machines.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Around the Network

I don't really think they make too much money, Sony and Microsoft make more money overall then Nintendo if you look at their financial reports.

Griffin said:
I don't really think they make too much money, Sony and Microsoft make more money overall then Nintendo if you look at their financial reports.

Nintendo actually made more operating profit than Sony. Sony has greater net income, but had to sell fixed assets to do so.

MS makes much more than both Nintendo and Sony combined in both operating and net income.

FishyJoe said:
Griffin said:

Nintendo actually made more operating profit than Sony. Sony has greater net income, but had to sell fixed assets to do so.

MS makes much more than both Nintendo and Sony combined in both operating and net income.

The huge losses from the PS3 would have made beating Nintendo in profitability harder , I don't know the exact figures so i can't comment on that too much . In the long term i'd still say that Sony was still the better investment option though , it's far more diversified than Nintendo.

Million said:
FishyJoe said:
Griffin said:

The huge losses from the PS3 would have made beating Nintendo in profitability harder , I don't know the exact figures so i can't comment on that too much . In the long term i'd still say that Sony was still the better investment option though , it's far more diversified than Nintendo.

As long as Nintendo has Pokemon, they are as diversified as they need to be. ... jk... or am I?

Sony is about the same price it was a decade ago, so as long term investment it's underperformed the market by a pretty substantial margin. Diversification probably hurt it's bottom line as much as it helped.

Could it do better in the future? Anything is possible. That's not a bet I'm willing to make at this moment.