By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How good is chrono cross?

Chrono trigger was an amazing game, and one of my favorites, but I've been holding off on getting chrono cross because I heard it was pretty bad. Is this true? Please compare it to chrono trigger. How good is the story? How good is the gameplay?

Around the Network

I played about halfway ... then there was a plot twist that made me put the game down and I have not gone back to it.

Mike from Morgantown

The main character changes and you lose everything you have built up, all your items and all your party.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

well i know its worse then chrono trigger

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Whoever told you that should be violated with a bowling pin.

Chrono Cross in one of the best RPG's on the PS1.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

mike_intellivision said:

I played about halfway ... then there was a plot twist that made me put the game down and I have not gone back to it.

Mike from Morgantown

The main character changes and you lose everything you have built up, all your items and all your party.

Other than that was it good?

Around the Network

Chrono Cross is a hell of a game.

If you're a Chrono Trigger fan Cross is definitely nowhere close to it. I played it and didn't bother to go thru the game again unlike to see all the endings unlike Trigger

What are you looking at, nerd?

i played chrono trigger late and im probably gona get chrono cross someday so ive been listening.

people on dislike the game at all when its compared to chrono trigger. i have never heard a game breaking complaint or set of complaints or even adding all the complaints up to not want the game.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

People who play Chrono Cross have a bad habit of comparing it to Chrono Trigger.

Chrono Cross by itself is a wonderful game, however, if you exect a recreation of Chrono Cross when you go into it you will be dissapointed.

That being said, it's in my top 10 ps1 RPG's.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Domo-Kun said:
People who play Chrono Cross have a bad habit of comparing it to Chrono Trigger.

Chrono Cross by itself is a wonderful game, however, if you exect a recreation of Chrono Cross when you go into it you will be dissapointed.

That being said, it's in my top 10 ps1 RPG's.

Oh so how different is it?