By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN gives MGS4 10/10

brute said:
^i know what you mean they did give two tens very quick,but like i said they liked it that money much thats why they reviewed it that high

Fixed.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
brute said:
^i know what you mean they did give two tens very quick,but like i said they liked it that money much thats why they reviewed it that high

Fixed.

Funny, I don't remember you saying that when GTAIV for xbox was given a 10. ;)

All the sudden it's "they've paid money"?? Come on, at least conceal fanboyism a bit better.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
Slimebeast said:
brute said:
^i know what you mean they did give two tens very quick,but like i said they liked it that money much thats why they reviewed it that high

Fixed.

All the sudden it's "they've paid money"?? Come on, at least conceal fanboyism a bit better.

king do not even argue with him, all he does is troll the ps3. His hatred is deep, check his history.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
kingofwale said:
Slimebeast said:
brute said:

Fixed.

king do not even argue with him, all he does is troll the ps3. His hatred is deep, check his history.

I'm okay with people not like the score, we are all fanboys, after all, but whining and making baseless claim is just petty and pointless.

and now it's just sad to watch 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Awesome. The game is good, no doubt. However, this can't be good for the ongoing "credibility debacle" going on within the gaming industry review system.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Yeah...this sounds like a review from someone who is a huge MGS fanboy at IGN. No offence at MGS4 but I've played 4 hours of it now and while its really great, its not a 10. Its a very glossy, well produced and well written 9.1 :)

Story, Visuals, Audio are all 10's...but gameplay is king...and there are still issues galore with controls and camera.

Also, I am worried that sneaking around is no longer the key aspect to this series... as I'm plowing through everything with machine guns. And if the combat is the main gameplay component...I must say that thus far, it is a second rate Gears/Resident Evil 4 hybrid that doesn't work nearly as well as either.

So I'd give gameplay 8 thus far...

Very well deserved.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

MGS4 deserves the score it got...that game is one the G.O.A.Ts...but GTA4 was like a 9.8

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Awesome. The game is good, no doubt. However, this can't be good for the ongoing "credibility debacle" going on within the gaming industry review system.

You really have to know the reviewer's tendencies for some time before you can usefully assess their score.  Gamepro and IGN and some of the "Official" pubs scores skew high.  They have for years, so I take their word with a grain of salt.  Other pubs seem to be willfully stingy in scoring, and theirs I take with a grain of salt.  You have to know what you require in game analysis and which reviewers' share the same values.  I like 1up and EGM, not because they are the best, but because I have a good idea of their personalities and know what to look for in their reviews. 

jerseyboy609 said:
MGS4 deserves the score it got...that game is one the G.O.A.Ts...but GTA4 was like a 9.8

I don't think it's as good as MGS1, due to its comparitive lack of innovation, derivitive nature, and yes, worse storyline.

I think MGS1 is one of the G.O.A.T.s myself. MGS4 is just really great.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.