By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My defection.. (anyway to get a ps3 for cheap?)

Weebs said:

With drastic times (MGS4) come drastic measures (Wallet-rape) - I am just about to go to my local gamestop to pick up at PS3....

BUT... before I do that, I want to know if there are any legitimate places (like those phony websites offering a free ps3) that will actually sell or give away a PS3 ? I mean.. has anyone had luck with those or am I going to have to do this the old fashioned way..?

GOD FORBID this game come to 360 six months down the road (yea I am a hypocrite now) -

nevertheless... HEY PS3 fans, fanboys, loyalists and lovers lend me your ears as I need more motivation to spend my money on the Evil Cell...

What I am holding onto is that, despite the PS3 not doing too well at its start (admit it).. The father (PS2) and grandfather (PS3) were the Chuck Norris of consoles (admit it).. I am hoping the PS3 will pick up on this as well - despite leaning more towards the wii360 (or whatever that term is called)..

Oh by the way, when I so bitterly walk into gamestop and swipe my credit card I will be thinking of all you PS3 bastards and cry to my defeat. I am talking to you, Gazz.

Well you're not the only one defecting!

I'm a PS fan for life but I got the so much hated 360 just for gears... 

Around the Network

The MGS4 install is only 4.6 GB, so no need to worry about what sku to get. They all have enough space to run it. Also I have walked the road you now take as a PS3 fan to the bone, I just recently picked up a 360 just for LO. I didn't intend on it but Sony left me no choice with the lack of rpg's.

lol if it comes to the 360 by the end of the year you sure will feel pretty bad.

Really the best deal (if it is in stock) is the 80 GB with the $100 gift card.  Even that refurbished 40GB + MGS4 costs more (well the 80 GB still costs $500, but you've got the gift card).

80 GB PS3
MGS4
DualShock 3
Voucher for Pain off PSN
$100 gift card
for $500.

Understanding is the key.

Around the Network

Second hand on Ebay.

Yakuzaice said:

Really the best deal (if it is in stock) is the 80 GB with the $100 gift card.  Even that refurbished 40GB + MGS4 costs more (well the 80 GB still costs $500, but you've got the gift card).

80 GB PS3
MGS4
DualShock 3
Voucher for Pain off PSN
$100 gift card
for $500.

This is a real good deal especially if you are looking for backwards compatibility.

Walmart has a promotion for 100$ off of any PS3 till june 15

Thanks guys, you've been a ton of help - I am on my way

Understanding is the key.

Don't do it buddy don't sell your soul to sony nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo they are on the dark side of the force.