By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My defection.. (anyway to get a ps3 for cheap?)

With drastic times (MGS4) come drastic measures (Wallet-rape) - I am just about to go to my local gamestop to pick up at PS3....

BUT... before I do that, I want to know if there are any legitimate places (like those phony websites offering a free ps3) that will actually sell or give away a PS3 ? I mean.. has anyone had luck with those or am I going to have to do this the old fashioned way..?

GOD FORBID this game come to 360 six months down the road (yea I am a hypocrite now) -

nevertheless... HEY PS3 fans, fanboys, loyalists and lovers lend me your ears as I need more motivation to spend my money on the Evil Cell...

What I am holding onto is that, despite the PS3 not doing too well at its start (admit it).. The father (PS2) and grandfather (PS3) were the Chuck Norris of consoles (admit it).. I am hoping the PS3 will pick up on this as well - despite leaning more towards the wii360 (or whatever that term is called)..

Oh by the way, when I so bitterly walk into gamestop and swipe my credit card I will be thinking of all you PS3 bastards and cry to my defeat. I am talking to you, Gazz.

Understanding is the key.

Around the Network

Why you changed your mind? Did you see anyone playing MGS4?

I saw the reviews, I saw the gameplay, I am a big fan of the series, I want to play as my friends dad (old Snake really looks like my friends dad) - If MGS4 was jailbait I'd be in prison by now - I am kinda not playing my wii that much (except for smash bros but even that gets old and I beat it) and my 360 - my GTA4 was stolen or lost but I just about beat it...

the father is ps2,the grandfather is ps.....

my bad... was a typo

Around the Network

damn I am not getting any responses

(bump) for one last time

if ur in the us Walmart has a 100 dollar off deal.... and there is always the good old deal at sonystyle.com. Other than that bend over and cry out Kutaragi's name.
MGS4 system seller status is confrimed!
ps... im a big fan of Deathnote ... i even enjoyed the live action movie... too bad there isnt a way to adapt it as a game.

Well if you are looking for a good deal, I think walmart is still doing the $100 gift card with the purchase of a ps3. Not sure if Best Buy is still honoring it.

edit: beaten by a minute 

Thanks guys - appreciate it - Gamestop is selling a refurbished 40gb for about $350... but is MGS4 more GB ? I am not sure.. ugh my noobishness.. I never had to "install" a game on a console before.. anyone give me a brief idea ?

again, thanks..

MGS4 will sell PS3s - I am one of the first infected.

the MGS4 bundle is a 80 gig one, so you'd be better off with that one.

Enjoy your purchase though ^^