By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NFL 2K9 announced for Wii

sorry about the title :( 

June 12, 2008 - 2K Sports announced today that NHL 2K9 will be released on the Wii, representing the first NHL-licensed game to appear on the console.

Users will be able to employ the Wii Remote as a hockey stick within the game, likely in a similar fashion to the skill stick used on 360 and PS3 versions of the game.

"It's our goal this year to bring the fun back to hockey video games," said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. "NHL 2K9 for Wii includes the full feature set as available on other platforms, and added Wii Remote controls and other exciting features specific for the Wii console will allow dedicated fans the opportunity to fully enjoy and embrace NHL hockey in a brand new experience."

"Nintendo is thrilled to have 2K Sports' NHL 2K9 on the Wii platform this season," said Steve Singer, VP of Licensing at Nintendo of America Inc. "This title has been highly anticipated by our Wii consumers who will now be able to use the Wii Remote to face-off, play hockey, and fire a slap shot in their living rooms."

To celebrate today's announcement, Nintendo's famed mascot, Mario, will strut his stuff down the red carpet tonight at the 2008 NHL Awards beginning at 6:15 p.m. in Toronto. Fans in attendance will be able to meet Mario and even have their picture taken with him.

From here: http://wii.ign.com/articles/881/881312p1.html

--

I was expecting something more like PES Wii, but let's see what they'll do.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network

Heh. Wrong sport in the title.

Also, bout damned time.

Ya, its NHL not NFL, lol.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

This is good news, hopefuly they go for controls similar to Pro Evo Soccer. They never realy had great graphics, so it will look like a first gen PS2 game. The series has always been a hardcore sim, this might lean closer to EA's NHL.

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

NHL on Wii!?! About friggen time!! I know all the Canadians on this site have been bellyaching for a hockey game on Wii (myself included). If EA doesn't have their NHL on Wii expect TakeTwo's version to sell much better as Wii is very popular in the great white north.

Still it'll depend on controls... I hope you can 'skate' on the balance board...

Around the Network

Damn I was like NFL what the heck, EA has the football license. NHL 2K9, its about flipping time that there was a hockey game on the white box. I want to see how this will turn out graphics wise, see what 2K can do.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Did you make a mistake in the reading or wriing part? Although both are very basic skills, but I guess everyone has problems.

Can't wait for a non-EA NHL game again, hopefully its good.

Now THAT's a good way to gain attention to your thread.

Good news for hockey fans though.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Hmmm, never got interested in Hockey, but great news for those who are

Wow.. I thought they made one already >.> what took them?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D