By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rare hinting at a Viva Pinata Wii?

Microsoft won't like it though.

Around the Network

rare > wii??

ZOMG WE GOT RARE BACK!

SOUND THE ALARMS!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Well, they could try to use the Wii to get some brand recognition for some of their franchises, especially in Japan. These games could then help them to become a viable platform in Japan in the next generation.

Imthelegend said:

Does MS own the Viva Pinata IP? If not... well they don't own Rare and they don't own the IP so it doesn't matter if they like it or not.

Rath said:
Imthelegend said:

Does MS own the Viva Pinata IP? If not... well they don't own Rare and they don't own the IP so it doesn't matter if they like it or not.

I thought Microsoft did own Rare?

Around the Network

I thought MS owns Rare, in any case MS are happy to coexist with Nintendo (wii360)

Ya gotta wonder if they might have floated the idea of going 3rd party around. Microsoft is a software company and I'm sure many investors don't see the console side of the business as worthwhile as the game software side. It'd make sense for them to drop console production in favor of bolstering their software side. Microsoft could make a lot of money going third party.

If I was a Microsoft investor I'd be asking why we're making and selling console hardware. It's already cost Microsoft over 6 billion. If you consider the fact that they would have been very profitable if the hardware hadn't taken them down so far....

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Wow, that is a weird reaction...

Microsoft Game Studio's presents: a Wii project.

Sounds kinda paradoxal.

Maybe I have it all figured out: maybe Microsoft will surrender in the console war, and start making Wii's themselves! Instead of Wii Channels it would use a different version of Windows, and they would pay Nintendo royalties for Wii software support!
THAT would be awesome!

This VP thing could be a clue, but the 360-mote thing could be another one. Of course Microsoft is developing a motion sensor controller... they would need one for their own version of the Wii!

Pure speculation, but interesting to think about.

As long as Microsoft owns Rare then Viva Pinata will not go on the Wii.
It's only on the DS because it's not in direct competition with the 360.