By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Big Brain Academy Wii IGN Review

This is how I would review it.

'The game is worth 20$. They are selling it for 50$. I give it a 4/10 becuase of price.

See! I reviewed a nintendo game honestly.

Becuase dont get me started on how to review casual games. So just review them on if you felt it was worth what you paid or not. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network
xstonexcold316x said:
this game will sell on par with wii play but im getting this game so when i go on vacation my family will have someting to do together

I highly doubt this game will sell on par with Wii Play, at least in NA for more than 2 weeks. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

a.l.e.x59 said:
Nice? Ha, ha, ha!! 7.6 sucks in my opinion. No famous game ever gets lower than 8.0. I mean, Star Fox Adventures got 8.0, and so many people hated it. 7.9- is on my no no list. And why are we still looking at IGN? It's only one reviewer. Why aren't we looking at the average of many reviews?

Well then I'm sorry you're such a tool.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Kwaad said:

This is how I would review it.

'The game is worth 20$. They are selling it for 50$. I give it a 4/10 becuase of price.

See! I reviewed a nintendo game honestly.

Becuase dont get me started on how to review casual games. So just review them on if you felt it was worth what you paid or not. 

Look at that, and you didn't even have to play the game. Now that's a honed review method.

Let's apply that elsewhere. I've got a game that's worth $660 (aka, any game anyone bought a PS3 to play). They are selling it for $60. I give it a 110/10 because of price. Hmm... no that can't be right...

"Whenever you find a man who says he doesn't believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later."   -C.S. Lewis

"We all make choices... but in the end, our choices... make us."   -Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Prediction: Wii passes 360 in US between July - September 2008. (Wii supply will be the issue to watch, and barring any freak incidents between now and then as well.) - 6/5/08; Wow, came true even earlier. Wii is a monster.

Kwaad said:
xstonexcold316x said:
this game will sell on par with wii play but im getting this game so when i go on vacation my family will have someting to do together

I highly doubt this game will sell on par with Wii Play, at least in NA for more than 2 weeks.

Yeah, it's extremely unlikely that it will. Still, the growth of the casual market is amazing. It's mirroring in the US what happened in Japan a year ago. I'm really piqued to see how deep this market will end up being, because we don't seem to have gotten close to the bottom of the well yet. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
jlauro said:
xstonexcold316x said:

I doubt it will sell that well. I mean, it will probably be over a million, but it doesn't come with a free controller worth $39...

yes but.....damit! alright i agree i dont feel like arguing rite now

I am just starting to notice that not everyone sells new wii games at list (and I don't mean just 1 dollar or less off). Circuit City has this for $39.99 (with $10 savings), and a few others below MSRP, and I think I seen Call of Duty 3 at Toys-r-us for $19.99 but others still have it as $49.

Wii Play is effectively priced at $10, that's the only reason it's selling at all.

BBA won't do well at $50, maybe Cooking Mama levels up to 200k in NA.

Anyone who uses a forum obviously falls into more of a hardcore market. I think we should atleast wait for the first weeks sales before sticking it.

I think the reason why Nintendo isn't giving people online for a game like this is because it does fall a heck of a lot more into the casual sector than the hardcore. They want to get everyone playing with their families first. The moment you add in online the game becomes a shallow 4 way competition, without the fun factor of a party environment.

I think Nintendo will give us online gaming for games like SSBB or Metroid but the casual market they will probably leave offline. IMO.