By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Big Brain Academy Wii IGN Review

Wow. Missed that. It's late. I'm out.

Around the Network

Only 7.6?!!! That's a pretty nice score! My opinion, too high. One of the highest score check gamerankings. Got the JP version, game is nice and fun to play but not too fancy, especially the GFX. I'm no GFX whore at all, but they could have done it a lot better. All with all IGN score is suprising high. I paid about 35USD for it, more then enough.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

Nice? Ha, ha, ha!! 7.6 sucks in my opinion. No famous game ever gets lower than 8.0. I mean, Star Fox Adventures got 8.0, and so many people hated it. 7.9- is on my no no list. And why are we still looking at IGN? It's only one reviewer. Why aren't we looking at the average of many reviews?

this game will sell on par with wii play but im getting this game so when i go on vacation my family will have someting to do together

a.l.e.x59 said:
 Why aren't we looking at the average of many reviews?

Because only IGN scored this game as for now AFAIK. Ports of DS on next gen system...

Around the Network

Yea the $50 price tag kills it for me, *maybe* if it was $30.

xstonexcold316x said:
this game will sell on par with wii play but im getting this game so when i go on vacation my family will have someting to do together

I doubt it will sell that well. I mean, it will probably be over a million, but it doesn't come with a free controller worth $39...

- " It's shallow "

-16:9 vs 4:3 gripe

- no online mode

- yesteryear graphics

how are these negatives? It's a title for casuals and it is meant to be that way. Those are negatives for hardcore gamers, but not the targeted audience. Ugh

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I agree that $50 its too much. I guess it will have legs because of price reductions.

johnsobas said:
- " It's shallow "

-16:9 vs 4:3 gripe

- no online mode

- yesteryear graphics

how are these negatives? It's a title for casuals and it is meant to be that way. Those are negatives for hardcore gamers, but not the targeted audience. Ugh

How are they not negatives?  Just because someone doesn't want to play a 100 hr long RPG doesn't mean they want to play absolute crap.  The TV market is going 16:9.  Most gamers (casual or not) have or will soon have widescreen TVs.  It's annoying as crap to play with letterbox. 

Most every one uses the internet.  Just because casuals won't get into half life doesn't mean they won't get online with the wii. 

Yesteryear graphics are okay if they are at least xbox 1 quality.  The fact that Nintendo is pushing out N64 graphics on the Wii is dissapointing.