By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Big Brain Academy Wii IGN Review

http://wii.ign.com/articles/795/795126p2.html

Only a 7.6, with all the hallmarks of being a traditional reviewer's score. 

- " It's shallow "

-16:9 vs 4:3 gripe

- no online mode

- yesteryear graphics

All largely non-issues to me, looks like another great title.

After all, Wii Sports only got a 7.5 from IGN.  This must be better than Wii Sports! 

Sales predictions: on par with Warioware, I guess, but longer legs and smaller head. 

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

I dont know why they did not touch on the fact that it is not worth $50.
A good game, makes use of the Wii. But, to go from $20 on the DS and adding extra $30 for same number of games....

The same thing happened with Cooking Mama, where DS version is more precise. I would say Trauma Center was justified, but it could have still been $40.

However, people will eat it up. I'll pick it up when it is down to $30 or less.

If those are the only reasons it got a 7.6 then I'm going to love this game.

From the article:

"Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree is largely a success, which makes it -- like Wii Sports -- a surprisingly difficult project to rate. As everyone knows, the title falls into the emerging "casual" sector -- a target demographic less concerned with graphics and more concerned with accessibility, or so we're told. From that perspective, the title is great -- it is both easy to pick up and really fun to play, especially with friends."

It's funny, I just wrote a thread about these types of complaints. Basically, reviewers still have no idea how to rate games like Wii Sports, Wii Play and Brain Age. They're totally throwing the reviewers for a loop.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Reason why Wii game scores are so low. Not only reason, however. Lazy ports deserve the low scores.

Around the Network

i tend to think $50 or $60 for just a video game outrageous pricing anyway. 

but once you accept that quite likely i'll get it very soon after it comes out since it'll be something other than Wii Sports the whole family can play.

the Wii is an epidemic.

The or so we're told part just tells me they would rather be reviewing another game. Whatever, screw them. I'm a hardcore gamer (considering I make them) and I love the brain games along with a lot of the other casual games.

IGN? Who cares about a review from one website! It's only one opinion. It doesn't mean jack shit. Now, the average of many reviews, from multiple websites, is what counts. Why? Because one review is an opinion, but many reviews are closer to a fact. Go to Game Rankings instead.

Well, I would not go as far as to say"fact", but closer to "general concensus as far as the Hardcore gaming community is concerned"

Hence the word "closer," in "closer to a fact."