By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft shoots themselves in the foot with Halo 3

Legend11 said:
Bungie has already said on their website that the game is on ONE dvd. The other dvds are bonus material so I don't see what the big deal is. I mean this has happened in the past with other consoles and games (RE4 on Gamecube came with a bonus dvd for example and I don't remember people being up in arms about it).

having a company saying one thing in the begining and the packaging photo telling a story, tells me that one is lieing. and i'm sure it's not the photo meant to hype=up the games release

PSN ID: cgnobody

Xbox Gamertag: cgnobodyX

Wii friend code: 1445-3731-4393-2518

Around the Network

if they had at least an hddvd player installed, they would be able to put 30gb, but HDDVDs suck compare to blurays.

cgnobody said:
Legend11 said:
Bungie has already said on their website that the game is on ONE dvd. The other dvds are bonus material so I don't see what the big deal is. I mean this has happened in the past with other consoles and games (RE4 on Gamecube came with a bonus dvd for example and I don't remember people being up in arms about it).

having a company saying one thing in the begining and the packaging photo telling a story, tells me that one is lieing. and i'm sure it's not the photo meant to hype=up the games release

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12531

"The Collector’s Edition picture erroneously shows that it ships with a Bonus Content disc and a Game Two disc. Incorrect. It’s a mistake at MS’ end and we’re updating retailers with the correct image. The “Game Disc 2” shown in the art actually refers to an interactive Bonus Content disc. It’s an Xbox “executable” (think of it like a menu-driven disc, similar to the Official Xbox Magazine cover disc) and internally, has always been referred to as “Game Disc 2” because it has to go through the same certification process as Halo 3 itself. That was somehow communicated to MS retail marketing verbatim. Hence the error. No big deal."

I like the box, but the single player will have to be a massive improvement ober H2 for me to ever think about buying a 360 for it.

euclid said:
What is the big deal about multi discs again? Who cares about this?

i know. Playstation did that all the time with the Final Fantasy series. Why not the Xbox 360?

Around the Network

besides, Xbox 360 has to go with bluray now because they dissed the HDDVD recently.

wareagle372 said:
besides, Xbox 360 has to go with bluray now because they dissed the HDDVD recently.

REALLY!

please provide a link, if you could, sir.

PSN ID: cgnobody

Xbox Gamertag: cgnobodyX

Wii friend code: 1445-3731-4393-2518

Okay I'm a little confussed, your saying that since 1 game out of 100 uses more then one disc they should explain themselves? I would say Blue Dragon and Halo 3 being the only exceptions hardly justifies us having to pay 200 dollars extra on the system. You'd rather the system be more money, then the game be the same price and have 2 discs? seriously what's the point of this?

fooflexible said:
Okay I'm a little confussed, your saying that since 1 game out of 100 uses more then one disc they should explain themselves? I would say Blue Dragon and Halo 3 being the only exceptions hardly justifies us having to pay 200 dollars extra on the system. You'd rather the system be more money, then the game be the same price and have 2 discs? seriously what's the point of this?

the answer: gotta give PS3 fanboys something to hold on to!

the Wii is an epidemic.

Legend11 said:
cgnobody said:
Legend11 said:

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12531

"The Collector’s Edition picture erroneously shows that it ships with a Bonus Content disc and a Game Two disc. Incorrect. It’s a mistake at MS’ end and we’re updating retailers with the correct image. The “Game Disc 2” shown in the art actually refers to an interactive Bonus Content disc. It’s an Xbox “executable” (think of it like a menu-driven disc, similar to the Official Xbox Magazine cover disc) and internally, has always been referred to as “Game Disc 2” because it has to go through the same certification process as Halo 3 itself. That was somehow communicated to MS retail marketing verbatim. Hence the error. No big deal."

So is anyone going to responed to this.  Because it seems to make the reason for this thread invalid.