By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 LAUNCH: JAPAN SHOWING SONY SOME LOVE !!!!

Slimebeast said:
I don't know about the gaming habits of all those young men, but at least they wear casual clothes.

YUCK! The guys on the sides of last photo would better wear kimonos, that blue striped polo shirt and those cap, jacket and shoulder bag aren't simply nerdy, they are the true antidotes for coolness!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
I predict 100k sales for sure because I really believe the bundle will be sold out in the first week.

I dunno where you got the 100k bundle number, but I seriously doubt that PS3 sales will multiply 10x over this game.

To be honest, that line isn't....you know what. I hope it does sell that much guys. I'm all for it. I just dunno if it can. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Japanese first day sales are coming on friday hoping for around 160k.

@ yojimbo, only? Pre-orders were for 210k, so I expect over 250k

ZenfoldorVGI said:
konnichiwa said:
I predict 100k sales for sure because I really believe the bundle will be sold out in the first week.

I dunno where you got the 100k bundle number, but I seriously doubt that PS3 sales will multiply 10x over this game.

To be honest, that line isn't....you know what. I hope it does sell that much guys. I'm all for it. I just dunno if it can.

Bundles are indeed 100k or over but that doesn't mean they will all sell in couple of days.

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
@ yojimbo, only? Pre-orders were for 210k, so I expect over 250k

I dont trust those preorders and all people dont buy it the first day. I really hope that you are right.

Edit: Usually first week sales are 1.5 of the first day sales 160*1.5=240 first week. With your numbers 250*1.5=375 way to high. 

has the game bombed or something in Japan

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
has the game bombed or something in Japan

It's more like there is no figures yet, so it's hard to say. Were there any midnight launch parties?

I hopw this game does well in Japan, Kojima deseves it after all the hard work he put into it

YES JAPAN! YES!!!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot