By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 has a review score of around 91%... I am NOT impressed!

Exactly. Most of the reviews aren't being tracked by GameRankings.

Around the Network

Lets BOYCOTT the review

GhaleonUnlimited said:

You're a fucking tool if you use review numbers to tell YOU how you feel about a game.

WTF is with the average gamer now and review scores? Nintendo Power reviewed games, but everyone just played what looked cool and then told other people about it, good or bad. Now it's "If this game didn't get a METACRITIXZ SCORE of 8.2 I WON'T TRY"

Though the recent IGN review hyped me up (what it said as much as the 10 score), I agree.  We should not be buying/cheering our consoles based on the reviews of paid game "journalists."

Thread title fails. 

Even if this game dips below 90% game rankings its bullshit. Gamerankings has no right to determine what reviewers are better than the others. Also this game is huge. It's the definition of AAA if there ever was one.

Too bad for you

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

It is now nudged up to 92% on gamerankings.com. i think it will get to around 93 to 94%

Another of Alex's threads that he posts more than everyone else combined.

I think he just likes to hear his own voice, or see his own writing rather. Not sure what the point of the thread is otherwise.

MGS is nothing I'm interested in, but it doesn't change that it's an amazing game from what I hear from people who have played it. To hell with the reviews, whether Alex thinks they are good enough or not.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

PooperScooper said:
gamerankings doesnt have OPM Italy's 100%, OPM Belgiums 96%, Power Unlimited's 90%, Cheifs 97%, Levels 100%, Joypads 95%, Jeuxvideo Magazines 100%, Hobby Consolas 96%, PlayFrances 95%, IGN UK 99%, Meristations 100%, Hardgames 90%, Famitsu's 100%, Fox News' (lol) 100%, Rise of Games' 100%, Gamers Report's 95%, Game Informer's 100% and 98%, Player Tv's 100%, or gameplayers 100%

If that's true, GameRankings sucks. Also, if GameRankings is missing some, then I'm sure they're all missing some, so I guess they're all incomplete. Whatever, the game is amazing, and that's all that matters. Oh, and by the way, the reviews have actually gone up, which is very rare. Good. I am glad I am wrong.

Hawk said:
Another of Alex's threads that he posts more than everyone else combined.

I think he just likes to hear his own voice, or see his own writing rather. Not sure what the point of the thread is otherwise.

MGS is nothing I'm interested in, but it doesn't change that it's an amazing game from what I hear from people who have played it. To hell with the reviews, whether Alex thinks they are good enough or not.

That's because I quote all comments so that everyone is answered to.

@a.l.e.x

exactly...metaciritc takes into account, say IGN UK & IGN AU reviews while gamerankings doesn;t

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey