By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 has a review score of around 91%... I am NOT impressed!

just because it doesn't have a bullshit score like super overrated galaxy or all-hype gta doesn't mean it's not good.

Why don't you just go play your stupid wii mini-games and stfu about games you wish were coming to the wii.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Who really gives a flying fuck?

Amen, it;s still a good score, it's also upto the players too, you cant piss on the game because it is getting a 91, i'm sure it will be one of the best.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

I'm sorry, but as long the reviewers that rate the game low complain about long cutscenes and complex story, they can not be taken seriously.
The whole reviewing bussiness has become something of a joke lately, and this mainly because of the corruption that started to affect the industry, and smart people should take them less and less serious.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

Profcrab said:
OMG! 91% The sky is falling the sky is falling. God it must be depressing to be a game reviewer. So many words ignored because of 2 digits.

I give this thread a 9.1.

Next time, read the whole thing. 91% is a MASTERPIECE, but that was not my point. My point is that I thought it was rather low, with only 8 reviews, and that it may lower to about 84%, or something, seeing how review scores tend to decrease. But, if you read my other posts, I mentioned that NG4 is a more accurate source, where the game is at 9.6. Numbers mean nothing. My only point, was to talk about why it has such a low score on GameRankings, and Metacritic. That is it. This thread has been over exaggerated, far too much. It has come to the point, where I just don't care anymore. Besides, the score does not matter, but the reason for those scores. I read the articles, and some reviewers think the game is a disappointment. Some gave valid reasons, too. Now, I do not base my opinions on numbers, and other people's opinions, but I do use them as guidelines. Personally, I think the game will be the fucking shit, so I'm going to buy it tomorrow right away, and then I'll know for sure, how good the game, truly is. Next time, read more than the original post, okay?

Riot Of The Blood said:
just because it doesn't have a bullshit score like super overrated galaxy or all-hype gta doesn't mean it's not good.

Why don't you just go play your stupid wii mini-games and stfu about games you wish were coming to the wii.

91% is nowhere near a bullshit score (98%?), especially with 8 reviews, BUT, like I said, a million times, the 9.6 score of NG4 seems more accurate, so all that bullshit your bitching about is meaningless. By the way, I don't play stupid mini-games, and why don't you STFU, and actually read the thread more, before you start assuming stuff. I don't care what doesn't come to the Wii, because I have all consoles. Besides, all scores are bullshit scores. It's impossible to perfectly rate a game on a number based score. And learn some manners.

Around the Network
el_rika said:
I'm sorry, but as long the reviewers that rate the game low complain about long cutscenes and complex story, they can not be taken seriously.
The whole reviewing bussiness has become something of a joke lately, and this mainly because of the corruption that started to affect the industry, and smart people should take them less and less serious.

Do they? I don't know. I've read other complaints. Don't remember off the top of my head. But hey, screw the reviews, because I know the game is going to be a MASTERPIECE. You can never go wrong with Metal Gear Solid 4. Before, I followed reviews on GameRankings, and Metacritic, but they have far less reviews than on NG4, and I think the website with more reviews is more accurate, so that is why I had doubt about the game, but if you follow NG4, it has a score of 9.6, which is truly incredible, so now I really do think, or actually, know, the game will be fucking awesome. Now, I don't want to keep repeating myself like an alarm clock. It's getting annoying. If you have some bullshit to say, make more of the thread, before you start assuming stuff.

.:Dark Prince:. said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Who really gives a flying fuck?

Also, +1 to Montana.

I disagree. You simple cannot do that while flying. Not without the assistance of an airplane.

Okay, but I disagree. Who gives a flying fuck? Not me. I never did. This thread started out as a simple, "Hey, why are the reviews for MGS4 so low," to an over exaggerated load of bullshit.

Let me clarify this one more time:

91% is a incredible! Fantastic! Marvelous! Okay?

BUT... And this is the important part... BUT!!!

Metal Gear Solid 4, if it truly is the game it was hyped up to be, should be getting loads of perfect scores, before slowly, settling down, to its final score, should it not? I mean, Galaxy, Orange Box, and GTA 4 had tones of perfect scores at the beginning, before gradually, decreasing to its final score, so why not MGS4? Will it increase? I don't know. Usually, they don't increase. The entire point of this thread, is to ask, "Why is MGS4 not getting streams of perfect reviews at the beginning, and why, in some websites, is the average score low "FOR" a MGS4 game, so "EARLY?" That was all, but my questions have been answered. Don't bother replying. By the way, I am not a Nintendo fanboy, so I don't ever want to read any more bullshit, about "Go play your Wii," and stuff like that. Yes, I have a PS3:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=581188&op=8&o=all&view=all&subj=2204729358&aid=-1&oid=2204729358&id=650201416

If you don't have Facebook, you can't see the photo. Unfortunately, I don't know how to put it on here. I also have an Xbox 360, and every other console that exists. Do I prefer the Wii over them? Yes, I do. But not enough so that I'm a "Nintendo fanboy." PS3 is a good system, but in some aspects, I have found it to be disappointing, but there are a lot of good games, especially this upcoming masterpiece. Anyway, if you're going to reply, don't reply with something stupid.

a.l.e.x00 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
a.l.e.x00 said:
Yeah, I can't believe Ninja Gaiden 2 is at around 82 right now. Apparently, there's some camera issues and such.

You missed my point entirely.

I got your point. But still, I can't believe it's at 82. It's Ninja Gaiden. Also, why do they call it 2? Shouldn't it be like 6? And if it is, they shouldn't number it. It's too late for that. Once you have a bunch of subtitles in the middle, you can't number it anymore. Whatever.

What was my point then? You tell me.

Because I think you're trolling.

As for that N4G spin, Gamerankings and Metacritic use weighted reviews and are more descriminatory. That's why they are the ones we look at. Don't believe everything you read on the interenet.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.