By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 has a review score of around 91%... I am NOT impressed!

Boycott time, people.

Put this in your sig: Boycott reviewers rating hyped games 90% or lower 

Around the Network

Well it's currently sitting at 93% or 9.3/10 after 13 reviews and its the old favourite negative reviews that are bringing it down.....Edge, Eurogamer and GamesTM with 8/10.

Oh and Edge gave GRID 9/10....

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

ZenfoldorVGI said:
a.l.e.x00 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
a.l.e.x00 said:
Yeah, I can't believe Ninja Gaiden 2 is at around 82 right now. Apparently, there's some camera issues and such.

You missed my point entirely.

I got your point. But still, I can't believe it's at 82. It's Ninja Gaiden. Also, why do they call it 2? Shouldn't it be like 6? And if it is, they shouldn't number it. It's too late for that. Once you have a bunch of subtitles in the middle, you can't number it anymore. Whatever.

What was my point then? You tell me.

Because I think you're trolling.

As for that N4G spin, Gamerankings and Metacritic use weighted reviews and are more descriminatory. That's why they are the ones we look at. Don't believe everything you read on the interenet.

To be honest, I actually ignored your point at first, but your point is that Sony fan boys laughed at Ninja Gaiden 2's low review scores, and now they should be laughed at, because of Metal Gear Solid 4's low review scores, is that correct? Okay, but Metal Gear Solid 4 doesn't have low review scores. By the way, I'm not trolling. And now it appears that Metacritic, and GameRankings, is better than NG4 because they use weighted reviews, and are more discriminatory. Okay... Well, in that case, I guess I've gone full circle. Actually, no. They're all good. I'll just leave it at that. All three are fine. And yes, don't believe everything you read on the Internet. Now my opinion has changed, by the way, so this thread is obsolete, because after reading more reviews, I know that Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best game on the Playstation 3, and an epic win! Man, oh, man, some people get annoying sometimes. Especially when they assume things that are untrue. I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about others.

davygee said:
Well it's currently sitting at 93% or 9.3/10 after 13 reviews and its the old favourite negative reviews that are bringing it down.....Edge, Eurogamer and GamesTM with 8/10.

Oh and Edge gave GRID 9/10....

There's too many 90's out there to justify the game, settling within the 80's. Fortunately, I'm wrong about the downward trend, so don't believe what I said in the original post, because Metal Gear Solid 4 is diamond, whether I like it, or not, but I know that I'm going to love it.

a.l.e.x00 said:
Profcrab said:
OMG! 91% The sky is falling the sky is falling. God it must be depressing to be a game reviewer. So many words ignored because of 2 digits.

I give this thread a 9.1.

Next time, read the whole thing. 91% is a MASTERPIECE, but that was not my point. My point is that I thought it was rather low, with only 8 reviews, and that it may lower to about 84%, or something, seeing how review scores tend to decrease. But, if you read my other posts, I mentioned that NG4 is a more accurate source, where the game is at 9.6. Numbers mean nothing. My only point, was to talk about why it has such a low score on GameRankings, and Metacritic. That is it. This thread has been over exaggerated, far too much. It has come to the point, where I just don't care anymore. Besides, the score does not matter, but the reason for those scores. I read the articles, and some reviewers think the game is a disappointment. Some gave valid reasons, too. Now, I do not base my opinions on numbers, and other people's opinions, but I do use them as guidelines. Personally, I think the game will be the fucking shit, so I'm going to buy it tomorrow right away, and then I'll know for sure, how good the game, truly is. Next time, read more than the original post, okay?

Wow, time to step away from your computer.  No one murdered your baby . . . and if they did I doubt it was over this thread.  There is no such thing as an accurate rating.  There is such thing as an honest rating, where a reviewer gives a gives their honest opinion.  Numbers are BS so when you talk about numbers being low, you are discussing BS.  I think it's depressing that what gets debated are their numbers.  Relax a little.  Don't drive angry.

I give that post a 9.3. 

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network

So I don't get it, a popular niche title was supposed to appeal to the mainstream consumer?

a.l.e.x00 said:

Perhaps, once I buy the game, and play it,

^^brilliant idea right there.

Im buying it today and will not rant positive or negative until I PLAY the game through, as well as MGO.

largedarryl said:
So I don't get it, a popular niche title was supposed to appeal to the mainstream consumer?

Maybe...or maybe its suppose to appeal the 22 million PS2 owners who played the other games in the series (even if all 13 million PS3 owners are part of this group, thats 9 million targeted gamers, and this does have mass appeal as well)

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

What would be more interesting is seeing all the reviews flood in after the embargo has been lifted.

I think a lot of reviewers held back because of early restrictions.

sexybeast said:
91% is bad? Man my grades suck. 93 on Metacritic right now

Well, don't factor out all of those "official playstation magazine" 10/10 scores.

What would be more interesting is seeing all the reviews flood in after the embargo has been lifted. 

I can all but assure you that they'll be lower than what we've seen so far. 

You're a fucking tool if you use review numbers to tell YOU how you feel about a game.

WTF is with the average gamer now and review scores? Nintendo Power reviewed games, but everyone just played what looked cool and then told other people about it, good or bad. Now it's "If this game didn't get a METACRITIXZ SCORE of 8.2 I WON'T TRY"