By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - french magazine (JV.org) reviews MGS4----5/5

DTG said:
starcraft said:
DTG said:
Alasted said:
Be sure to keep us abreast when the Ethiopian review comes in.

If that was meant to be sarcastic it doesn't make much sense to draw a paralel between a world power and the most impoverished nation on the face of the earth.

France is not a world power.

Didn't Ethiopia just invade Somalia? Ethiopia isn't a prosperous nation by any stretch of the imagination, but "most impoverished on Earth?"

OT: I believe he was pointing out that telling us about this interview is about as relevant to anything as me telling you about the strange rash my friend found on his groin this morning............

France is the worlds 6th largest economy with considerable military power including Nuclear. It is one of Europes top 3 most influential nations.

How exactly is this review any less relevant than a review from the US or UK? 

Man, be careful, you shouldnt be talking like that about americans, they protect the world you know?/jk

Yeah, France is a world power, whoever says no doesnt know much about the world order, maybe not as big as USA or Japan, but it is.

Around the Network
pastro243 said:
DTG said:

France is the worlds 6th largest economy with considerable military power including Nuclear. It is one of Europes top 3 most influential nations.

How exactly is this review any less relevant than a review from the US or UK?

Man, be careful, you shouldnt be talking like that about americans, they protect the world you know?/jk

Yeah, France is a world power, whoever says no doesnt know much about the world order, maybe not as big as USA or Japan, but it is.

I'm an economics student that recently completed a course in global security.

Define what you mean by "power," because unless we have distinctly different definitions we are seriously crossing wires here. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Cougarman said:

yeah they are still occupying my country

Your profile says your from the UK?

what the hell are you guys talking about ,,France has much saying as UK does or euro gamer for that matter,,,

@starcraft

I know you only like to see bad reviews ,,but unlucky for you there are only 2 scores lower than 9 out of 35 reviews upto this point ,

so, i saw like 5 more perfect scores and after 1 week there are still not on metacritic

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

Around the Network

Finally, the french do something right for once. (Joking) but MGS4 truly deserves the score. I bought the essential collection because I'm such a hardcore MGS fan.

starcraft said:
Cougarman said:

yeah they are still occupying my country

Your profile says your from the UK?

i was born in somalia but i grew up in uk

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
SpartanFX said:
what the hell are you guys talking about ,,France has much saying as UK does or euro gamer for that matter,,,
@starcraft

I know you only like to see bad reviews ,,but unlucky for you there are only 2 scores lower than 9 out of 35 reviews upto this point ,

Actually, I hate to see bad reviews.

A long time before I purchased a 360 and discovered it had the best games so far this generation, I supported Microsoft's move into the console market.  The reason being it generated competition, and produced this, the best gaming generation so far in terms of game quality (on most consoles........). 

starcraft said:
SpartanFX said:
@starcraft

Actually, I hate to see bad reviews.

A long time before I purchased a 360 and discovered it had the best games so far this generation, I supported Microsoft's move into the console market. The reason being it generated competition, and produced this, the best gaming generation so far in terms of game quality (on most consoles........).

well I m glad that we agree on at leat one thing,,,casue I like competition aswell,,,the real winner of the console wars are us (gamers).

1 The United States of America, Look at http://www.lonympics.co.uk/

The world's biggest economy and by far in terms of spending and power the worlds strongest army, the most powerful democracy, and the media centre of the world, plus in many ways the centre of world diplomacy and foreign relations. This easily makes the USA the worlds most powerful country.

2 Russian Federation

The second largest army, and a puppeteer of many Central Asian states. The largest European population, and largest world area, which gives it immense control over itself, and immense levels of independence . The size of Russia helps give it extra resources and abilities that make it such a big power.

3 Peoples Republic of China

The 4th or 2nd largest GNP depending on different measures (Either normal measures, or ones which cancel out misleading totals for currency values, in that later case China places second) a recent riser, above France and Britain, It also has established itself as having nukes. a huge army, and is becoming even more of a international power, as of the resource hungry booming economy, though even if that stalled, it would still be 3rd, as of other advantages.

Plus massively the Largest population in the world, And like the above 2 is a UN Security council member.

4 France

The fifth republic has UN security council membership, is a nuclear power and has alot of influence over Africa. It is also a G7 economy, a leading democracy, and has a quite large army, one of worlds most powerful infact. Added to this EU membership gives it extra power.

Google it, it will never be out of the top 10 and is ussualy over the UK.