By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - french magazine (JV.org) reviews MGS4----5/5

bottom line:

"Giving an inferior score to MGS4 would almost be a crime."
Score: 5/5 

http://labo.jeuxvideo.org/2008/06/12/test-ps3-metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots/#more-145

(it's in french)you can do a google translation if you like. 

Around the Network

That should help a lot in keeping the game's average review over 90s.

Would you be kind enough to post the translation? You know, for the lazy ^^

Be sure to keep us abreast when the Ethiopian review comes in.

Alasted said:

If that was meant to be sarcastic it doesn't make much sense to draw a paralel between a world power and the most impoverished nation on the face of the earth.

DTG said:
Alasted said:

If that was meant to be sarcastic it doesn't make much sense to draw a paralel between a world power and the most impoverished nation on the face of the earth.

Most impoverished nation on the face of the earth? I've lived in Ethiopia, and lots of people have pretty decent living conditions (especially in Addis Ababa). If you want to see somewhere impoverished, look no further than Swaziland. 

Around the Network
Alasted said:

Lol. Nice one,but i think this game deserves all the good reviews--knowing how much effort Kojima put into this game.

DTG said:
Alasted said:

France is not a world power. 

Didn't Ethiopia just invade Somalia?  Ethiopia isn't a prosperous nation by any stretch of the imagination, but "most impoverished on Earth?"

OT:  I believe he was pointing out that telling us about this interview is about as relevant to anything as me telling you about the strange rash my friend found on his groin this morning............ 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
DTG said:
Alasted said:

Didn't Ethiopia just invade Somalia? Ethiopia isn't a prosperous nation by any stretch of the imagination, but "most impoverished on Earth?"

OT: I believe he was pointing out that telling us about this interview is about as relevant to anything as me telling you about the strange rash my friend found on his groin this morning............

France is the worlds 6th largest economy with considerable military power including Nuclear. It is one of Europes top 3 most influential nations.

How exactly is this review any less relevant than a review from the US or UK? 

DTG said:
starcraft said:
DTG said:
Alasted said:

Didn't Ethiopia just invade Somalia? Ethiopia isn't a prosperous nation by any stretch of the imagination, but "most impoverished on Earth?"

OT: I believe he was pointing out that telling us about this interview is about as relevant to anything as me telling you about the strange rash my friend found on his groin this morning............

rance is the worlds 6th largest economy with considerable military power including Nuclear. It is one of Europes top 3 most influential nations.

How exactly is this review any less relevant than a review from the US or UK?

For the simple reason that when France sneezes the rest of the world doesn't catch a cold, it is not a superpower or a regular power.

Nuclear arnaments don't classify a nation as militarily powerful.  Pakistan has them and you don't consider them a world power do you? 

I have never heard of this magazine, is it part of metacritic or gamerankings amalgamations? 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
DTG said:
Alasted said:

yeah they are still occupying  my country

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434