By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many would love to see 2D platforming make its return on Wii?

super_etecoon said:

Metroid Dread, please.

it would be very awesome to release that

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

i'm not too interested in 2d platformers to be honest , gameplay is limited in my experience.

Since I am a retro gamer, I going 1100% with this.
Some people stop playing in the change to 3-d, 2-D was almost perfect.

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

^yeah 2D gen had the best games

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Hawkeye said:
I would like it 10/10
Nintendo should have another All stars of SMB 1,2,3, and world, but make the graphics even better, and then include an editor where you can make your own overworld map with all new levels that are a mishmash from those new games, plus new pieces. Nintendo could include their own new game, and you could make as many of your own as you wanted (if you have room) Also you could upload 1 of your games at a time for others to download, and you could download as many worlds others created as you have space for. This game would be an awesome, though kinda obvious LBP rip-off.

LittleBigMario???  THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I actually disagree, I think the Wii is so much better supported with games that can truly utilize motion controls, something more locked into the 3d realm in my opinion, unless they wanted to support the classic controller or the gamecube controller. I actually think the 2D games would be much better on something like PSN or Xbox Live where you could do a full 1080 display with tons and tons of particle effects and such :P Not that the Wii couldn't play these games easily, I just think a traditional controller works infinitely better for side scrollers.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

i would see them on wiiware or a retail game for 20-30$ cause i wouldn't pay for 2d platformer 50$ now(well maybe if the game would be really beautiful, long[like rpg long not like heavenly sword long], repeat value and possible level editor or even whole game editor(like in blast works or LBP)

brute said:
^yeah 2D gen had the best games

They had alot of good games. But, I think one of the main issues was that some IPs translated well into 3D and some did not. I would like to see more 2D but I don't think all the best games are 2D. Mario 64 and Galaxy are epic wins. 

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

2d games for the wiiware, yeah... imaging buying mario (SMB 3 Remake OMG!!), sonic, etc.. simply the best wiiware games ever... *sending this post, mentally, to ninty chiefs*...

We are Wii....Waiting for Pikmin 3! and Pikmin 2 NPC...

Playing:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Minecraft!

-  Venezuela FTW!       

I would love to see it...but probably we are going to see it more on WiiWare...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."