By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How much do you reckon Sony paid for MGS4 exclusivity?

Everstar said:
LOL everyone is getting mad when you ask a question makes no sence to me =/
I know huh?  I didn't even imply sales would be bad.........

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Somehow I feel they paid less for it than MS did for GTA exclusive content ;)

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Sony will make all the money,they supposedly spent on MGS4 in the first week.Thanks to my contribution of $59.99.

So yeah....no worries.=]
How?  They only get a small percentage of unit sales of MGS4 (perhaps less or none if royalty reductions are part of their exclusivity payment) and they are still losing money on every PS3 sold........

Lone_Canis_Lupus said:

i somehow fell they didnt pay at all

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Pristine20 said:

I don't think Sony paid for Haze. free radical decided to rlease it on Ps3 only for the following reasons:

1. It was postponed due to the nature of the games coming out at the time of release for fear of getting overshadowed

2. FR knew that the game was sub-par thats why they postponed it in the FPS market where ther's insane competition

3. They decided to switch to PS3 only because there was less competition on the console and they felt that exclusivity and hype would thus send dumb fanboys to the shelf. This is why Haze will outsell Quake Wars on PS3 even though Quake wars is a few notches less dumb than Haze

I'm sorry, but thats ridiculous.

1.  Why not postpone it for all three versions?

2.  I think this is the same as your first point, so see that answer again.

3.  Noone in their right mind would believe "Exclusivity hype" would outweigh the combined shooter sales of PC and 360.  In any event, there was no real shooter competition on either of those platforms at the time of release.

There is nothing wrong with moneyhatting games, it gets games for your consumers.  But to think Sony doesn't do it is foley. 

Around the Network
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
Actually, that could depend.  Depending on DLC revenue, Microsoft will probably get all their cash back

as much as MS paid for:\
Grand Theft Auto IV
Assassin's Creed
Devil May Cry IV
Virtua Fighter 5
Beautiful Katamari
star ocean 4
Ace Combat 6
Last Remnant
Infinite Undiscovery

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
rocketpig said:
Pristine20 said:
rocketpig said:
.Geenie. said:
Alone in the dark. thats because the devs dont know how to program for the ps3 properly. insomniac dont seem to have a problem

That is Sony's faults, not the developers. Sony has the responsibility to ensure that developers have the proper tools, knowledge, and support system to complete their project in a timely manner. Some of the most skilled developers (Insomniac, for example) will succeed no matter what but you can't expect every developer to achieve that kind of quality (plus, I'm pretty sure Insomniac has a direct hotline to Sony, something most third party devs don't enjoy).

I'm really sick of the "lazy/stupid developer" argument. At the end of the day it's you, the consumer, that suffers for it. Put the blame where it belongs and that's directly in Sony's lap. They're the ones who designed the architecture, provide the tools, and support the developers. If they do a bad job of that, developers fail. And it sucks for PS3 owners who, for some reason, still hold up the Sony flag and blame the developers for a difficult system. Sad, really.

Its too late for sony to restructure the ps3 hardware. Heck, the guy who designed it has been fired. Some of us have no choice but to support the brand we've invested in since everyone else wants to choke it out.

I understand that but there's nothing stopping Sony from working a little harder on their developmental tools and support system for the console to compensate for hardware difficulties.

Just as MS should be called out for the RRoD fiasco, Sony deserves a lot of flak for engineering the PS3 in the manner they did.

Makes sense. I think thats one of the reasons why Krazy Ken was fired. He is known for this. I think Sony is slacking on the developmental tools and stuff of the like because their focus right now=profit so I think all spending is curtailed. Evidence:disappering act of SCEJ, M$ walking all over their exclusives with nothing but a mute response from Sony

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

why do you guys think they paid for it?i think they didnt

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

psrock said:
as much as MS paid for:
Grand Theft Auto IV
Assassin's Creed
Devil May Cry IV
Virtua Fighter 5
Beautiful Katamari
star ocean 4
Ace Combat 6
Last Remnant
Infinite Undiscovery

Sony doesn't have that much money

But MS probably didn't have to pay for DMC4...........

OR Virtua Fighter 5 now I think about it.