By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Sporepedia is online!!!

Yeah, Im calling your bluff Shio, sounds like you simply dont like the Wii.

Around the Network

The editor alone seems like $10 worth of fun, so I'll be purchasing it.

I seriously doubt the Wii version will be near the quality or flexibility of the PC version.

If your computer is around 5 years old or newer, the game will be better on PC.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Whoever made that hand-turkey is a GENIUS! That is hands down my favorite creature so far.

Games I am looking forward to:

PC: Diablo III, Fallout III, Stacraft 2, Spore, Empire: Total War, American McGee's Grimm

360: Madden 09, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead, Blood Bowl

“Go ask [Blizzard president] Rob Pardo if PC gaming is dead – if he can take the time out from making money hats, I’m sure he’ll give you a really eloquent explanation of why probably the most valuable entertainment franchise of the moment is PC-specific.” - Gabe Newell

Not even going to Argue Ben, because you used the vaugest possible defending point and I can't figure out what to argue, all I know is from what you said is:

'The PC version will have quality and the Wii version will not have the same quality.'

All I can say to that is wow.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
I seriously doubt the Wii version will be near the quality or flexibility of the PC version.

If your computer is around 5 years old or newer, the game will be better on PC.

Well obviously from a graphics point of view and having a keyboard point of view.

However the core game isn't going to be any different so it's not like it's a spinoff. Which is what Shio was saying.

It's going to be the same game, it's just not going to look as nice or control as well.

Just like say COD4.

Well that and presumibly the game will be less diverse since it's unlikely it will link up with the computer database and instead will only be linked up to the Wii online database.

Which really is what surprises me about it being on the wii in the first place. It kinda bypasses all those child friendly internet locks Nintendo put in.

Either way however you will be getting the same core expierence.

Unlike Spore DS which more looks like a pokemonesque game.  Or possibly E.V.O.  Which if so... awesome as E.V.O. was an amazing game.

I'll buy every version except mobile :P when I get my wii, that is. but the DS and the PC ones are already confirmed form. and as I said in the other topic, I'll buy the Creature Creator too. I'll even sell my soul to EA.

and N'gai Croal QA with Will Wright hyped me up even more, if that's possible. ( http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/levelup/archive/2008/02/12/exclusive-will-wright-on-why-spore-is-taking-so-long-and-much-more-part-i.aspx )

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

dib8rman said:

@shio - I've never seen an interview of Wil Wright nor the three EA PR dudes ever saying the Wii version was a spinoff, in fact, during the 35 minute long demo of the game, they pushed to quite the opposite, however that isn't as definative.

The only reason Spore for the Wii wouldn't be released with the PC,Mac, and all the other versions is because they are either making a new game based on Spore (spinoff) or they are recoding it to use the DRM as a buffer on the Wii.

Now if you want me to post my links I will - but for now I'd like you to post the link to where you read/heard that Spore Wii would be a spinoff, otherwise your just being a used douche bag eating rodent.

Links: http://www.nintendic.com/news/1358
- confirmation in 2007

Links 2: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/12/will-wright-talks-spore-on-wii-delays-procedural-music/
-Here he talks about procedural coding and it's place in spore pc,mac and yes wii version.

Link3: http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3164002
- Here are some screens from 1up of Spore(Wii)

Link4: This one I'm looking for, but it's going to be my nail in the coffin for your FUD.

EDIT: Also Wil Wright also mentioned using Wiiconnect24 to do his streaming information system from Wii to Wii, which is the basis for Spore PC only not as efficient as Wiiconnect24.

That's paraphrasing him by the way.

More than likely Spore Wii will have missing several features from the PC version. What I think Will Wright will do is provide uniqure features to the Wii version, as he himself hinted.

And those screens are from the PC version.

Thatmax said:
Yeah, Im calling your bluff Shio, sounds like you simply dont like the Wii.

I have a Wii, only console I played recently. But I am a big PC gamer, and looking at Will Wright's past games, The Sims and Simcity were severely dumbed-down for consoles.

Did you ever read the system requirements for Spore?

What's that no... ok then here they are:

Windows XP/Vista
Processor 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
RAM XP: 512 MB / Vista: 768 MB
Graphics card 128 MB with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
Hard disk drive space At least 6 GB

When using a PC with an on-board (aka built-in or "shared") graphics chipset, the specs bump up to:

* Intel Integrated Chipset, 945GM or above.
* 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.
* 768 MB RAM

-------------
Translation: Minimum System requirements using those OS's will be around:

1.5 Ghrz proccessor. (BTW this is PC Wii uses PowerPC architecture, also spore uses Vodoo I believe.)

512 RAM to run it smoothly 256 will run it well. (Note that Ps3 only has 256 ram allocated to gaming. This is where recoding to use drm comes in *remember me mentioning that?*)

128mb is nice for GPU req, but Wii's GPU clocks at 243 MHz pwnd much?
You can thank our friends at homebrew for that - but nintendo may have ways of using this tech to make it much more effective that 243 or at least run more effectively. Let's not forget the eDRAM which is the deal maker for most if not all video games now-a-days. I mean journalists seem to be catching wind of this just today, I saw before at n4g a article about this subject and the PS3.

I should go on more but I'll stop here for a bit to note that this is Spore not Crysis.

Sadly it's not known how many shaded pixels can be pumped out, but if Mario Galaxy can be put out there at 60fps without the Wii breaking a sweat I don't see why Fatal Frame IV would be any different, and we all know that looks better than Spore, but Spore has more details on the screen you argue, I say good point, and lean back towards Mario Galaxy, there are enough pics of lava and metal luster and mario and stars falling and so on and so forth on these boards, so I won't even look for it.

Lastly: Let's just wait and see, my point isn't if this will a spinoff - it's how the hell would you know.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

dib8rman said:
Not even going to Argue Ben, because you used the vaugest possible defending point and I can't figure out what to argue, all I know is from what you said is:

'The PC version will have quality and the Wii version will not have the same quality.'

All I can say to that is wow.

Yeah, because that's exactly what I said...

I'm merely stating my opinion, I'm not bashing the Wii, I could be equally bashing the 360 or PS3 as well, for different reasons.

I'm not saying the Wii isn't capable of running damn near the same Spore as the PC version, I'm just guessing that it won't.  I'm guessing they won't completely utilize what the Wii has to offer, and that there will be portions from the PC Spore missing in the Wii version.  I think the Wii's online system will prevent a massive catalog of user-created animals, I think the limited graphics capabilities will make the game look considerably less pretty than the PC version, and it's possible you won't be able to create or do as much, due to the limited storage capabilities of the Wii.

I'm not saying it'll be a bomb or even that bad...all I said was "I seriously doubt the Wii version will be near the quality or flexibility of the PC version."

You can misquote me all day long...I'm not trying to troll against the Wii, I just think we should be realistic.  Or would we rather just do what we always do and take bets on what the finished product will be like?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )