By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Sporepedia is online!!!

Ben I never accused you of bashing the Wii, I don't know where you drew that conclusion.

I just wanted you to at least do what you just did which is to explain to me what it is that you see as quality.

Now I can add that to my knowledge and set my bar higher or lower, or say later on - Well Ben said "bla" and guess what "bla" if it agrees or disagrees it only matters in the subject it's brought up in.

I also don't like you saying I'm quoting people when there is a function on the boards that I'm sure you know about.

Lol - ok I just did that last line as a joke to prove a point, basically "pot calling the kettle black."

I never said you were a troll either, I don't know where you got that from.

Realistic? Realistic... now your being vauge again.

Bet's? I'm sorry that's too childish for me, I don't know why people on this forum do that, I saw meseto lose a bet and his old avatar of a cat was taken and replaced with a dog holding a cat by it's head pinned against a wall. It got the message that he was pwnt but what was the point beyond some pathetic attempt at E-superiority. I just wan't to understand what your saying, not be better than you.

Edit-------- In conclusion I just don't like opinion being pushed off as fact as in Shio's case. We all do that though, but I'd like to be cought on it so I can rethink where I'm coming from... "Do unto others..." and that kind of stuff.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

I can't wait, Spore will be GOTY 2008. I've waited for it for like 3 or 4 years...

I'm getting the Creature Creator in a week, and then I cannot wait till September 7th for SPORE!

Oh, and for anyone waiting for a Wii, 360 or PS3 version, there probably won't be one and if there is it will totally suck compared to the PC version. Just upgrade your PC, it'll only cost like 400 or so.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

BenKenobi88 said:
dib8rman said:
Not even going to Argue Ben, because you used the vaugest possible defending point and I can't figure out what to argue, all I know is from what you said is:

'The PC version will have quality and the Wii version will not have the same quality.'

All I can say to that is wow.

Yeah, because that's exactly what I said...

I'm merely stating my opinion, I'm not bashing the Wii, I could be equally bashing the 360 or PS3 as well, for different reasons.

I'm not saying the Wii isn't capable of running damn near the same Spore as the PC version, I'm just guessing that it won't. I'm guessing they won't completely utilize what the Wii has to offer, and that there will be portions from the PC Spore missing in the Wii version. I think the Wii's online system will prevent a massive catalog of user-created animals, I think the limited graphics capabilities will make the game look considerably less pretty than the PC version, and it's possible you won't be able to create or do as much, due to the limited storage capabilities of the Wii.

I'm not saying it'll be a bomb or even that bad...all I said was "I seriously doubt the Wii version will be near the quality or flexibility of the PC version."

You can misquote me all day long...I'm not trying to troll against the Wii, I just think we should be realistic. Or would we rather just do what we always do and take bets on what the finished product will be like?

Saves shouldn't be too big a problem to to the procedural animation.  The online system is the biggest... and really only thing i'd be worried about if i didn't have the 50 or so bucks it'd take to upgrade my computer to run spore.

My PC could run spore easily, but I don't play games on it.

It's a bad habit and since I use it for work, I don't need that noise to side track me.

Oh well, this threads gotten a little frustrating now =/ adios

I'm going to be getting the mac version. Also the pc versions of games almost always have extra content, on top of the better graphics and controls.

Around the Network

This game is going to be so amazing

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

Goty will either be starcraft 2 or this. I can't tell yet, this is promising to be the most innovative release in years, but on the other hand its friggen starcraft! Exciting times.

dib8rman said:

1.5 Ghrz proccessor. (BTW this is PC Wii uses PowerPC architecture, also spore uses Vodoo I believe.)
 What?!?

@ stranne

I'm saying I believe that Spore was coded at least for the PC version around Voodoo architecture - at this point it's off pure memory as I'm on my PS3 and I find it too cumbersome to open another window to check, but I think Spore's designed around Voodoo based on what I've read - I'm sure I've seen it, but the source doesn't come to mind so easily, I did read it again yesterday though.

Wait? This releases in 4 days? Is that correct? Or is that the CC only, while the main one is still in Septemer?

For system req check, here: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/bonus/t/analysis2.tmpl?PHPSESSID=9773442a4d9f3d0b8f70bbdeb2f07e92

I run it easily.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS