By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Sporepedia is online!!!

With the June 17th release of the full version of Spore Creature Creator, the official Sporepedia is now up and they will be able to see the sample creatures made already.

"The Sporepedia is essentially a heads-up-display, cataloging all stars/solar systems, planets and creatures (and, presumably, buildings, vehicles and flora) you have discovered. It has the look and feel of a pack of cards, with the name of the content in the top, an image and general stats for the represented content, and the name of the creator in the bottom. The player will be able to bookmark or blacklist a certain creator in order to prioritize or ban content from that particular creator."

Sporepedia is not only available in the internet: The SPORE game will actually have it ingame (in-game Sporepedia shot) for better accessability.

Here's some of the amazing Spore creatures made with the 'Spore Creature Creator': 

The possibilities are infinite!

Will Wright <3 

Around the Network

Id buy it as a wii ware addition but otherwise probably not.

Thatmax said:
Id buy it as a wii ware addition but otherwise probably not.

You are going to lose a generation defining game. SPORE is simply going to be one of the best games of all-time, if not the best.

And there's no way the game would fit as a wii-ware nor the creature creator. 

^^ I am ofcourse only talking about the creator, I dont have eneough money to buy what is esentialy a prologue when I am definitely going to buy the final version aswell. I still havent decided whether I will be getting the wii or mac version though.

Thatmax said:
^^ I am ofcourse only talking about the creator, I dont have eneough money to buy what is esentialy a prologue when I am definitely going to buy the final version aswell. I still havent decided whether I will be getting the wii or mac version though.

There's no Wii version. Wii will get instead a spin-off, which will be nowhere near the main version, just like DS.

Around the Network

Spore is just phenomenal. I'm totally shelling out the 20 bucks or what not for the full version of the creature creator.

Oh and Thatmax, you know you can get the creature creator for free right? They are going to have a free-to-download version that has like 50% of the pallets but still quite functional.

@eab

The full version of Spore Creature Creator is just $10. The free demo of the CC amounts to 25% of of the full version.

^^ do you work for Will Wright? lol

@shio - I've never seen an interview of Wil Wright nor the three EA PR dudes ever saying the Wii version was a spinoff, in fact, during the 35 minute long demo of the game, they pushed to quite the opposite, however that isn't as definative.

The only reason Spore for the Wii wouldn't be released with the PC,Mac, and all the other versions is because they are either making a new game based on Spore (spinoff) or they are recoding it to use the DRM as a buffer on the Wii.

Now if you want me to post my links I will - but for now I'd like you to post the link to where you read/heard that Spore Wii would be a spinoff, otherwise your just being a used douche bag eating rodent.

Links: http://www.nintendic.com/news/1358
- confirmation in 2007

Links 2: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/12/will-wright-talks-spore-on-wii-delays-procedural-music/
-Here he talks about procedural coding and it's place in spore pc,mac and yes wii version.

Link3: http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3164002
- Here are some screens from 1up of Spore(Wii)

Link4: This one I'm looking for, but it's going to be my nail in the coffin for your FUD.

EDIT: Also Wil Wright also mentioned using Wiiconnect24 to do his streaming information system from Wii to Wii, which is the basis for Spore PC only not as efficient as Wiiconnect24. 

That's paraphrasing him by the way. 

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Really? The creature creator is out... sweet.