By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Square Enix's Party 2008 announced

SpartanFX said:
what is FFVII complete?does that include the remake or just the same old FF7?

so is kingdom heart 3 for DS?or KH3 has not been assigned yet?

We dont really know, though it is listed as (blu-ray) so it could just be a film... but hopefully it is a blu-ray with the films and remake on it

As for KH 3, the original team is busy on FF V XIII, though I think XIII will be amazing, though I hope we do see some in-game footage

Around the Network

how hard/time consuming is a remake?

I mean white engine is working on PS3 and they don't need character/environment design,,,not even a story as the story should be same as FF7,,,,

so how long does a FF7 remake take?do you think they can get the remake out in japan for this holiday?(end of 08)

Munkeh111 said:
SpartanFX said:
what is FFVII complete?does that include the remake or just the same old FF7?

so is kingdom heart 3 for DS?or KH3 has not been assigned yet?

We dont really know, though it is listed as (blu-ray) so it could just be a film... but hopefully it is a blu-ray with the films and remake on it

The answer can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII_Advent_Children 

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

darthdevidem01 said:
@bleu-ocelot

for some weird reason I see this HATE for FF13 while just love for every other random JRPG announced....

Like apparently Last Remnant & IU look better than FF13...als FF CC for Wii looks better than FF13

Probably because most hardcore JRPG fans think that their has been at best 1 good FF in the last 6. (That 1 changing depending on the person.)

Considering we know NOTHING about FF13 other then it stars female cloud and it looks pretty.... i'd actually agree with that assessment that currently last remnant and IU look better then FF13... since the FF13 brand name just isn't their with quality anymore.  New IPs bring the hope of a fresh new outlook, rather then Final Fantasy's "Boy it sure looks great, so ignore the story" way of going about things.

Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@bleu-ocelot

for some weird reason I see this HATE for FF13 while just love for every other random JRPG announced....

Like apparently Last Remnant & IU look better than FF13...als FF CC for Wii looks better than FF13

Probably because most hardcore JRPG fans think that their has been at best 1 good FF in the last 6. (That 1 changing depending on the person.)

Considering we know NOTHING about FF13 other then it stars female cloud and it looks pretty.... i'd actually agree with that assessment that currently last remnant and IU look better then FF13... since the FF13 brand name just isn't their with quality anymore. New IPs bring the hope of a fresh new outlook, rather then Final Fantasy's "Boy it sure looks great, so ignore the story" way of going about things.

Whoa, that second paragraph got bigger.

Final Fantasy does mean quality but it signifies quality only in certain areas these days...

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
how hard/time consuming is a remake?

I mean white engine is working on PS3 and they don't need character/environment design,,,not even a story as the story should be same as FF7,,,,

so how long does a FF7 remake take?do you think they can get the remake out in japan for this holiday?(end of 08)

A full HD remake of a PS1 game?  Almost as long as a full game.  Seriously, i'd think a year and a half with it being the only project.

Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@bleu-ocelot

Considering we know NOTHING about FF13 other then it stars female cloud and it looks pretty.... i'd actually agree with that assessment that currently last remnant and IU look better then FF13... since the FF13 brand name just isn't their with quality anymore.  New IPs bring the hope of a fresh new outlook, rather then Final Fantasy's "Boy it sure looks great, so ignore the story" way of going about things.

And yet you Praise SO and IU,based on what? According to YOU their hasn't been a good FF since 6 and yet they all sell well and get high review scores.This all your opinion ofcourse,but shove it.You sound like an angry fanboy.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@bleu-ocelot

Considering we know NOTHING about FF13 other then it stars female cloud and it looks pretty.... i'd actually agree with that assessment that currently last remnant and IU look better then FF13... since the FF13 brand name just isn't their with quality anymore. New IPs bring the hope of a fresh new outlook, rather then Final Fantasy's "Boy it sure looks great, so ignore the story" way of going about things.

Whoa, that second paragraph got bigger.

Final Fantasy does mean quality but it signifies quality only in certain areas these days...

Yeah, I often re-edit my paragraphs.  Nasty habit but I always think of things to add.  For example, while I think the Final Fantasy games will stay it's exclusive it's retarded to argue that any game will stay exclusive because "They say it's exclusive."

How many "exclusive" games have turned out not so.

Even though I see it as unlikely it wouldn't be surprising if 13 and 13V did go multiplatform since FF sales are just as important in the US as they are everywhere else.

Ironically i'd say the fact that annoys PS3 fans the most.... that square has intentionally slowed down 13 and 13V progress so the PS3 would gain in userbase is the best "proof" that it won't come to 360.

I'd bet on 360 getting a FF13... but a spin-off game of some sort or sequel. 

Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@bleu-ocelot

WTH? LR and IU looks better then FF13? 

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@bleu-ocelot

And yet you Praise SO and IU,based on what?

"New IPs bring the hope of a fresh new outlook, rather then Final Fantasy's "Boy it sure looks great, so ignore the story" way of going about things."

Personally I think all 3 look meh though... the Enix side of Square Enix is where all the talent seems to be. Underrated Enix is. Their company was worth more then square at the time of the merger afterall.  Not only did they make good games they had a good eye for what makes a good game and mostly published gems as well.