By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN's reason for not reviewing MGS4 yet (no it's not a big scandal)

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/880/880842p1.html

IGN USA said they haven't reviewed MGS4 yet because they want to get the full online experience of MGO before they review.  I kinda wonderred why most reviewers were treating MGO as a separate entity, and I'm glad to see that IGN is treating it all as one game.  Although I was kind of looking forward to how people reviewed MGO all by its lonesome.

Around the Network

i also think its better that they review it as one

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Otherwise I would agree, but with MGS-series the single player is the actual stuff. It's the story that counts. I don't even care about online when it comes to MGS series

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.

It's true that some may only care about the single player game, but the multiplayer is included in the overall package so I believe that it should be a factor in scoring.

Funny thing is... they didn't bother waiting for it for GTAIV? I mean, how does that work?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Cool. I didn't like how IGN AU gave it an 8.5 in Lasting Appeal and basically said that they were ignoring MGO in the comment.

Cool.This should make for a great score.

makingmusic476 said:
Cool. I didn't like how IGN AU gave it an 8.5 in Lasting Appeal and basically said that they were ignoring MGO in the comment.

technically the score shouldn't change any minds anyways, it's the text that is important

I WANT MY SCANDAL!!

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

Good at least someone knows how to review games properly