By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guitar Hero: Legends of Rock - On Tour - Aerosmith - World Tour - Metallica

Guitar Hero: On Tour... might be interested in this one

Around the Network

I'll be waiting for GH4.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Fayceless said:
RIP?

If you mean, "It's over for GH, nobody will buy all this:" Yes, they will. I will. Many people will.

If you mean, "GH has sold out, blah blah blah, it's not the same game anymore:" I like these new games. I really do. (well, I like the fact that they are making more) I have GH3 for Wii, I do not have the first 2. I NEED more songs. I'm bored with GH3, I really need more songs to keep things going. No, I haven't gold starred every song or even 5 starred most songs on expert, but I need different stuff to play.

This is a game that depends on new content, and something better than just a few DL tracks. New stuff every 6 months is great, in my opinion. I'd probably buy a new game every 3 months. Can't get enough...need more...I'm suffering from withdrawal. (finally sent in that disc to get it replaced)

RIP because the whoring out of Guitar Hero has begun...well, maybe it began with Rock the 80s.

"GH has sold out, blah blah blah, it's not the same game anymore" - The biggest problem I have is that it IS still the same game....and now its the same game coming out every four months. Aerosmith this summer, GH4 this fall, Metallica next winter, etc.

They have to do something unique with GH besides changing up the set list. 

Arcturus said:
Fayceless said:
RIP?

If you mean, "It's over for GH, nobody will buy all this:" Yes, they will. I will. Many people will.

If you mean, "GH has sold out, blah blah blah, it's not the same game anymore:" I like these new games. I really do. (well, I like the fact that they are making more) I have GH3 for Wii, I do not have the first 2. I NEED more songs. I'm bored with GH3, I really need more songs to keep things going. No, I haven't gold starred every song or even 5 starred most songs on expert, but I need different stuff to play.

This is a game that depends on new content, and something better than just a few DL tracks. New stuff every 6 months is great, in my opinion. I'd probably buy a new game every 3 months. Can't get enough...need more...I'm suffering from withdrawal. (finally sent in that disc to get it replaced)

RIP because the whoring out of Guitar Hero has begun...well, maybe it began with Rock the 80s.

"GH has sold out, blah blah blah, it's not the same game anymore" - The biggest problem I have is that it IS still the same game....and now its the same game coming out every four months. Aerosmith this summer, GH4 this fall, Metallica next winter, etc.

Uhh, you should pick up the June Game Informer and give the cover story a read.
Guitar Hero 4:

- Create a song. Although these exclude vocals due to storage and possible copyright issues.
    - You'll be able to name your song as well as creating album art. After you've done all that you can upload it to GH Tunes where anyone can download it.
    - You'll be limited to 5 songs at first. But depending on the ratings you get you'll possibly be able to upload 10 or more.
    - The song sharing mode will be in the Wii and PS2 versions also, but GI says it's unlikely that it'll be as robust as the PS3 and 360 versions.
    - Drums, bass, vocals guitar
    - Create a rocker
    - Create a guitar and drums
    - All songs will be master tracks
    - They don't want to discuss specifics on track listing out of fear of being scooped by the competition. However they confirmed 4 bands: Van Halen, The Eagles, Linkin Park and Sublime.
    - A new guitar designed by Red Octane that includes a new input mechanic that'll "impact the way you play GH in the future".
    - GI saw see through notes while playing that Neversoft said was the new input mechanic and that they were trying to patent.
    - Most songs of any Guitar Hero game.
    - Huge commitment to downloadable content.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles fan for life. <3

Andrex said:
Arcturus said:
Fayceless said:
RIP?

Uhh, you should pick up the June Game Informer and give the cover story a read.
Guitar Hero 4:

- Create a song. Although these exclude vocals due to storage and possible copyright issues.
    - You'll be able to name your song as well as creating album art. After you've done all that you can upload it to GH Tunes where anyone can download it.
    - You'll be limited to 5 songs at first. But depending on the ratings you get you'll possibly be able to upload 10 or more.
    - The song sharing mode will be in the Wii and PS2 versions also, but GI says it's unlikely that it'll be as robust as the PS3 and 360 versions.
    - Drums, bass, vocals guitar
    - Create a rocker
    - Create a guitar and drums
    - All songs will be master tracks
    - They don't want to discuss specifics on track listing out of fear of being scooped by the competition. However they confirmed 4 bands: Van Halen, The Eagles, Linkin Park and Sublime.
    - A new guitar designed by Red Octane that includes a new input mechanic that'll "impact the way you play GH in the future".
    - GI saw see through notes while playing that Neversoft said was the new input mechanic and that they were trying to patent.
    - Most songs of any Guitar Hero game.
    - Huge commitment to downloadable content.

im sorry but it doesnt make a difference if it isnt as fun.  gh2 was miles more fun than gh3. harmonix left and made rock band which even the guitar is miles more fun than gh3.  people will not make fun notes to play, they just wont spend the time or have the knowledge of a team like harmonix that knows how to make it fun.

notice the word fun in there a lot.  its what was missing from gh3.  sure it was gh and all.  but that was the only reason it was fun.  i went and played it a bit ago (on my ps2 instead of ps3 like rockband is so sorry for an inaccurate comparison) and i just could not get into it.  the difficulty is arbitrary, it doesnt make sense, and i didnt have fun.  so i stopped playing.

keyword: fun-what guitar hero now lacks.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Around the Network
Arcturus said:

I totally disagree. Milk it dry. Run it into the ground. Just keep releasing new set lists. If they treat it like a EA sports franchise with incremental updates and new (songs) players and new (bands) teams I'll be quite happy, thank you.

Question:

Will I be able to sing and play drums on Guitar Hero: Metallica!?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Any word yet if Rock Band controllers will work on World Tour? No way am I going to buy GH versions of all that shit too.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Question:

Will I be able to sing and play drums on Guitar Hero: Metallica!?

Seems probably, it is coming out after World Tour.

soccerdrew17 said:

im sorry but it doesnt make a difference if it isnt as fun.  gh2 was miles more fun than gh3. harmonix left and made rock band which even the guitar is miles more fun than gh3.  people will not make fun notes to play, they just wont spend the time or have the knowledge of a team like harmonix that knows how to make it fun.

notice the word fun in there a lot.  its what was missing from gh3.  sure it was gh and all.  but that was the only reason it was fun.  i went and played it a bit ago (on my ps2 instead of ps3 like rockband is so sorry for an inaccurate comparison) and i just could not get into it.  the difficulty is arbitrary, it doesnt make sense, and i didnt have fun.  so i stopped playing.

keyword: fun-what guitar hero now lacks.

I'm sorry what crack are you smoking? GH3 is every bit as fun as the others and in some ways the culmination of the franchise.

And do a quick YouTube search for "Your Song Here Guitar Hero" and it will come up and you can watch it be played by experts; this is why custom songs are in GH4, Activision listened and watched the GH hacker community and decided to encourage it (even though it may cost them song sales since people can get the free user-made versions instead.)

Also your post in one big emo whine fest, you source no other reason than "whaah it isn't fun for me anymore" without backing yourself up in any way, you sound like an 11-year old. 

MrOuija_AK said:
Any word yet if Rock Band controllers will work on World Tour? No way am I going to buy GH versions of all that shit too.

For the other versions- maybe. For the Wii versions, no, probably not.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles fan for life. <3

Culmination?  You call completely random difficulty a culmination?  I'm sorry, but in no way was cult of personality or raining blood or the boss battles made as a culmination.  Yes they are hard, but in what sense does harder make it better?

Link to the "Your Song Here Guitar Hero" please.  I couldn't find it or I didn't find anything interesting.

I'll back it here.  The actual playing was made less like a game and more like a cash in, which is exactly what it is.  The covers sucked, unlike most of the gh2 which try at the very least.  The hammer ons and pull offs seemed random, unlike in gh2 which just made it obvious.  In the middle of some sets of notes I would have to strum, which although more realistic, is not the point.  The game had a more metal tone, which is fine if you like metal more (this one is entirely opinion) but I don't.  They took out coop quick play, which means I had to play coop on hard and expert with some people and medium and expert with others starting without all the songs I had already unlocked.  The character model look like crap, and tried to be semi realistic whereas gh2 didn't try because it knew it couldn't.  The game speed changed between difficulties.

If you need more, then I can give it. 

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.