By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So many JRPG fans on VGChartz?

@Word of Wisdom

no MGS is way bigger than SO could ever dream of becoming......every E3 when MGS was shown it was the TALK OF THE SHOW......SO never had anything like that

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Riachu said:
noname2200 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
noname2200 said:
Riachu said:
darthdevidem01 said

Elder Scrolls didn't become mainstream until Oblivion. People just love to trash that game and say Morrowind is better even though they fully know well that the latter had a ton of bugs and technical issues.

True. Although my main problem with Morrowind was that your character was so. Bloody. Slow. Having Speedy Gonzalez in Oblivion isn't perfect either, but it was still much more fun than taking a full hour to cross the island at its narrowest point.

But we're getting off-topic here, so I'll just say that I've played my modded copy of Oblivion more than any other game this generation, and leave it at that. 

darthdevidem01 said:
@Word of Wisdom

no MGS is way bigger than SO could ever dream of becoming......every E3 when MGS was shown it was the TALK OF THE SHOW......SO never had anything like that
That's because MGS4 is a steath game with is a subgenre of the action genre which happens to be more popular than JRPGs(or RPGs in general)

@Riachu

whatever the reasons may be his statement was stupid....

Besides apparently MGS is a niche game

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@Riachu

Well it would still sell triple the amount of what their gonna sell on 360

Lies. All the RPGs on the X360 have massively outsold RPGs for the PS3.

RPGs on the X360 sell. RPGs on the PS3 do not.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@Riachu

whatever the reasons may be his statement was stupid....

Besides apparently MGS is a niche game
Calling a multi million selling series niche makes absolutely no sense.  People will eventually start say Final Fantasy and Halo are niche just because they feel like it

Well I am, I am still trying to finish the JRPG's on my PS2 that also makes me wonder why PS3 owners are complaining about to less JRPG's on PS3 already finished all the good ones on PS2?

I love (J)RPG's

I mostly detest (W)RPG'S

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Slimebeast said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Riachu

Lies. All the RPGs on the X360 have massively outsold RPGs for the PS3.

The RPGs out on the PS3 aren't high profile releases.  That title belongs to games like FFXIII and WKC

Slimebeast said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Riachu

Lies. All the RPGs on the X360 have massively outsold RPGs for the PS3.

I was talking about JRPGs. You may be missing the point

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler