By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looks like SO4 coming to 360 (almost confirmed)

ChronotriggerJM said:
@Munkeh You don't have to worry much about that, when Final Fantasy splashes down and shatters the JRPG security fence that seems to be up this generation, they'll have major incentive to push it on the PS3. MANY Sony supporters (including myself) bought a PS3 hoping it would be the JRPG platform this generation, and when a blockbuster JRPG gets thrown into the mix, I have a feeling we'll see PS3 owners flock to it like a school of fish on some bread crumbs xD

Ahhh That is why u r pissed. Got it now!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

@Munkeh, it's just that the HDJrpg's aren't doing well on the 360 xD I'm actually happy that MS is trying to move some games down there, I have a feeling FFXIII and White Knight are going to be massive :D Games like Tales and SO4 for SURE will be on the PS3. All the RPG devs need is re-assurance on success, which I have a feeling they'll receive in spades.

Also keep in mind, almost every generation, Final Fantasy literally paves the road for RPG success, so don't rule out that games lasting appeal :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

DirtyP2002 said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
@Munkeh You don't have to worry much about that, when Final Fantasy splashes down and shatters the JRPG security fence that seems to be up this generation, they'll have major incentive to push it on the PS3. MANY Sony supporters (including myself) bought a PS3 hoping it would be the JRPG platform this generation, and when a blockbuster JRPG gets thrown into the mix, I have a feeling we'll see PS3 owners flock to it like a school of fish on some bread crumbs xD

Ahhh That is why u r pissed. Got it now!

Indeedy, my blood just shot up 4,000 degrees, no... I mean seriously >_> I'm absolutely enraged right now, it's just... so.. overwhelming... ..... ..... Seriously?

Pissed? The only thing I'm pissed about is that the original dream team can get together for a 360 exclusive, and the 360 userbase greets them with shitty sales :P I'm one of the biggest RPG fanboy's on the site and have been playing them since the first time I've picked up a controller, yet I'm calm as a mofo :D I'm not going to let myself get into some blind frenzy and attempt to focus on something to trivial xD It's so true, SCEJ hasn't done shit so far this generation, but instead of thinking they're asleep, I'll choose to belive they're brewing up something wicked >: )

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

darthdevidem01 said:
@Benga Benga

PS3 hasn't had ANY JRPG's in Japan yet

& FF13 will be THE JRPG this gen for the majority.....no ifs or buts....its always been and it will continue to be

Zing! That's exactly what I'm trying to say. All PS3 fans are saying that JRPGs sell sh*t on 360 while there isn't A SINGLE RPG on the PS3!

We haven't seen anything but movies from FF13 yet. Not saying it won't be awesome though, but quantity is kind of important as well.

Here are some lovely screenshots possibly in game, sorry can't find a way to embed them

EDIT: here they are and they look lovely

They sure do look prety!

Around the Network

@Benga Benga

but you stated they don't sell well on PS3

my point is how do we know that yet....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

BengaBenga said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Benga Benga

PS3 hasn't had ANY JRPG's in Japan yet

& FF13 will be THE JRPG this gen for the majority.....no ifs or buts....its always been and it will continue to be

Zing! That's exactly what I'm trying to say. All PS3 fans are saying that JRPGs sell sh*t on 360 while there isn't A SINGLE RPG on the PS3!

We haven't seen anything but movies from FF13 yet. Not saying it won't be awesome though, but quantity is kind of important as well.

They won't hear you though Benga, they will continue to bitch about the a system that has the RPGs they want while the own a system that doesn't. If I had their attitude I would have never gotten to play Suikoden III, V, and FFX last generation. Instead of bitching that my Gamecube didn't have enough RPGs, which it didn't, I went out and got a PS2. The PS3 has been around for a year and half at this point. It should no longer be a shocker that it isn't getting RPGs at this point.

@ darc requiem, I am getting a 360 to make up for the lack of jRPGs on PS3

It's not like PS3 RPGs have sold well in Japan so far.

That's what I said. It was meant to be sarcastic, meaning there aren't any, but that wasn't very clear.

The only reason people dont' want 360 is because the hardware is garbage. Other than that it's the best console on the market with the best games(for the core gamers anyway). SO4 wont' be exclusive but i'm glad it's 100% confirmed for 360.

---