By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Hardware SOLD OUT at Top 3 UK Retailers (online) - WHAT is SONY upto??

@starcraft

I completely agree.......SONY took BC out in Jan n sales WENT DOWN DOWN DOWN other wise YOY trends were UP at the beginning of the year.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
starcraft said:
tombi123 said:
Or maybe it's a little, insignificant, niche title called MGS4. We will soon find out. It is not like PS3 sales are suffering because of no BC.
cough....Japan.........cough

I was talking only about Europe. The PS3 is certainly loosing sales in Japan because of no BC, and to a lesser extent in NA too. But even in the absence of BC, PS3 sales are still very strong in Europe.  

I fink this points to a 80Gb BC for Europe, yes. Every 80Gb has BC rite?

Anecdotal reports say PS3s have been in short supply in Sweden for the last weeks.

@Slimebeast

there we go.

I mean E3 is 5 weeks away......40GB on short supply.....80GB coming back + Dualshock 3

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Yeah I'm hoping Sony will add some sort of software emulation BC, taking it completely out was one of the worst moves Sony has ever made (and they've made a lot of them).

Around the Network

Maybe they have under-estimated Europe a bit. I dunno.

On Amazon Japan, the MGS4 PS3 bundle is in the top 10 now, which I have never seen the PS3 hardware in the top ten for a long time.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

They're drying up stock of the models with the Sixaxis controller so they can release a sku that includes the dual shock.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Maybe they are just bringing lots of 40Gb MGS4 bundles to the stores in three days and they had to recall many of those to do the bundles.

I pray they bring the 80Gb to Europe.I have my 60Gb and dont need it ,but this would put to a rest forever the arguments about the PS3 being gimped etc etc

I just went on Amazon UK and you can still add a 40gb ps3 to your basket, and HMV are still selling 40gb ps3 with GT5:P.

PSN ID: getrdone25

Could be that they are drying up supply of the 40gbs so that they can manufacture PS3s with cheaper pieces, didn't they say something about a 45 chip instead of 60 or something like that?