By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Hardware SOLD OUT at Top 3 UK Retailers (online) - WHAT is SONY upto??

Could be anything.

80 gigs.
PS3 just selling really well
Anything.

What I do know, is that this weeks sales figures will be EPIC

Around the Network

they arent shipping units yet and companies dont want 2 buy the current units. Both want to wait until the new bundle comes out. Who wants 2o be stuck with a bunch of 80g with motorstorm when u can get MGS4!

I think the PS3 has begun to dominate the planet. It seems to be selling out on a whole host of internet shopping sites. I predict sales of over 5 gazillion will be recorded.

Go Snake!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Nothing. It's simply a good bundle.

jman8 said:
They're drying up stock of the models with the Sixaxis controller so they can release a sku that includes the dual shock.

Oh yeah, that's right. Europe doesn't have any dual shocks yet. In otherwords they're STILL burning through all the models that weren't selling.

That's a good point.  Hopefully europe will get a dual shock model soon.

Around the Network

maybe theryre will be a new PS3 wih 80gb and a Dualshcok 3?

It's not like 80GB would replace 40GB. So there is no reason in getting rid of 40GB, if they were to introduce 80GB model they would do it alongside with 40GB.
Becouse Sony showed good work with supply so far and it isn't the hottest period now (they were selling more when GT5P and GTAIV launched) it's unlikely that they just couldn't handle demand. I think the reason is MGS4 bundle. But Dualshock introduction is also possible.

kamil said:
It's not like 80GB would replace 40GB. So there is no reason in getting rid of 40GB, if they were to introduce 80GB model they would do it alongside with 40GB.
Becouse Sony showed good work with supply so far and it isn't the hottest period now (they were selling more when GT5P and GTAIV launched) it's unlikely that they just couldn't handle demand. I think the reason is MGS4 bundle. But Dualshock introduction is also possible.

maybe they'll just go with one one SKU ( 80 GB) and keep the price at 399, dunno when that'lll happen but i have a funny feeling it will

jman8 said:
They're drying up stock of the models with the Sixaxis controller so they can release a sku that includes the dual shock.

Most likely.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

I think they need to bring in the 80GB, and there should be a hardware boost for MGS 4, and for that to happen, they need consoles in stock, and bringing in the 80GB is the best way to do that, but I think that they are trying to get rid of the SIXAXIS before they introduce the 80GB