By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Hardware SOLD OUT at Top 3 UK Retailers (online) - WHAT is SONY upto??

Well sicne today morning PS3 has been SOLD OUT at:

1. PLAY UK

2. Amazon UK

3. GAME UK

SO I think SONY is preparing the 80GB for Europe.....no doubts now. E3 is 5 weeks away......Retailers are running out of 40GB's now

What do you all think? Is the 80GB in its way (finally)?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Slimline PS3...lol

I don't know honestly you might be reading too much into this....

A new bundle if anything.

all those capitals every time make me a sad panda =(

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Thats possible. But if your going to launch the 80GB in Europe, why not do it in time for MGS4?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Interesting... and weird. Considering Europe is Sony's best market and the US and Japanese sales have been less then stellar for Sony you'd think they'd have plenty of units focusing on europe.

It could be they cut back production in some plants to produce the 80 gig bundles. Seems like it'd be more then that though since they used to have huge stockpiles of the thing. Maybe they underestimated demand and cut back too much on production...

or a new model that will give them a better margin will be out soon and they are producing less to lose less bottom line per PS3.

Either way, good news.

@Starcraft

its SONY......remember the company that refuses to Advertise MGS4 in their strongest region

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Or maybe it's a little, insignificant, niche title called MGS4. We will soon find out. It is not like PS3 sales are suffering because of no BC.

tombi123 said:
Or maybe it's a little, insignificant, niche title called MGS4. We will soon find out. It is not like PS3 sales are suffering because of no BC.
cough....Japan.........cough

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I think it's just selling a lot better than they thought it would. It's sold out in a lot of retailers here as well including Amazon.

"What I'd thought I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes..."
~ J.D. Salinger, "Catcher in the Rye"