By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you dislike losing in boss battles?

youjiro said:
ecurbj said:
youjiro said:
its soooo fustrasting losing boss battles! i hate it because i'll be there all day trying to do it.and i hate looking at online guides for hints and tips because i think of it as cheating. but at times its ok because theres normally some kind of save point before the battle, not some mini bosses take the piss

right now i'm playing lost odyessey on the 4th disc and i'm on a series of boss battles which is taking the piss because i was totally unprepared for this series of battles... better get back to work soon

What I learned about RPG's from my sister is to train and level up your squad before going against a boss.

I made that mistake in Final Fantasy X. I was so fustrated trying to take out this boss called Seymour. He was hard as hell but I eventually thrashed him after leveling up my squad and selecting the right people that were suited for that battle.

ye thats the case for most rpg's, train and level up, and yes i did that for FFX as well. as for LO you can only level up a certain amount in areas, so if anything most boss battles come down to strategy and a little buit of luck

Well in that battle in particular I did trio of 9,999 + blizt ace = about 90,000 damage, so I killed him without a fight, though I did very nearly lose to the final aeon because I refused to use most of my overdrives or aons because I had Tidus' celestial weapon. In FFX is general I never had a problem with having to level up for bosses but that could be a great annoyance, though if you have your aeons overdrives ready then you should be fine, as quite early in the game they can all do 9,999 damage or more with Bahamut

Around the Network

I love to lose in boss fights! It's so fun! But really now, who likes losing? Ever?

I only hate it when the moves that the CPU (or boss) makes-gets repetitive or when the developer makes the difficulty too hard to beat (looks at Izuna)

For me with boss battles, I rarely lose, but always have a really hard time off the get go, like in Metroid Prime 3 and Twilight Princess, I think every boss got me to the 'edge' of my life bar but I always pulled through at the end. Last boss I lost too, was the last boss in Brawl on intense difficulty.

I play roguelikes, an entire genre of games designed to infuriate you by killing you and forcing you to start all over again from the very start. Hard boss battles that involve you only being reset to the start of the boss are quite relaxing in comparison.

Around the Network

One of the hardest Boss Battles has to be the two robots/giant robot in Super Probotector. I have beaten them before though. Also, The Fish in Zelda: Majoras Mask is horrible to fight against, especially when the smaller fish attack and put you off your aim.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

totalwar23 said:
Losing to bosses in general? No, not really. The thing that I dislike the most is if you have to play through a significant portion of the game again just to get to the boss, again. So it's the "After all this, I have to replay the level again?" that's really annoying.

Yes, you're right. I have to do that on Killzone: Liberation after losing several times in a boss fight.

But I don't dislike losing a bossfight. If you beat a boss the first time, you'll probably be disappointed unless it was a bad or boring game to you. I like some challenge, but within reasons.

losing in a boss battle is okay the first time. Hell i don't mind re-playing 5 - 10 minutes of the game. losing the 2nd time can be annoying .... around the 5th time can be fustrating ...

Worst thing is bosses that use that one move you havent learnt how to dodge yet - and its the one move the boss has that 1hit kills you ... or a boss battle that's based off luck ( 1 battle in FFT you can lose before its even your turn (stupid suicidal girl letting herself die ... )

I just got NG2 and i have died at every single boss i have encountered so far. Even though they are tough, it's fun to find and discover the right strategy for defeating them.