By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you dislike losing in boss battles?

I usually like boss battles, especially difficult ones. It makes the game fun because it tests yours limits. What I DON'T like is having to watch a long cut scene over and over if you lose or having to go through an extremely time consuming level again. IMO that just takes away from the fun.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
I find it more than slightly humorous that someone rocking a Raz avatar is complaining about difficult bosses... Chasing Raz's dad in Psychonauts is one of the most aggravating boss levels I have seen in quite some time.

Don't talk about that ever again! That was the worst time ever! D: 

Former something....

So far I really hated only the first Heretic II's boss, the Celestial Watcher, because he was way too strong, in a cramped space with no cover, so the only, to call it so, "strategy" possible was a frantic button pushing, a thing i really hate. It was the first and only time I had to cheat to beat a boss. Obviously I don't like wimpy bosses too, for example Quake II's final boss was way too easy.
For example I liked a lot Walton Simons in Deus Ex, that is very tough and normally you must face more than once to kill, almost doubling the fun.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

totalwar23 said:
Losing to bosses in general? No, not really. The thing that I dislike the most is if you have to play through a significant portion of the game again just to get to the boss, again. So it's the "After all this, I have to replay the level again?" that's really annoying.

Totally agree. What pisses me off if I have to play for 30 minutes then die, and just have to start it all again. I would prefer a checkpoint every 5 minutes. This is something where GTA and most RPGs fall down

Sounds like you dont like games that involve a strategy?

Around the Network
brute said:
totalwar23 said:
Losing to bosses in general? No, not really. The thing that I dislike the most is if you have to play through a significant portion of the game again just to get to the boss, again. So it's the "After all this, I have to replay the level again?" that's really annoying.

thats what also annoys me

I'll see your complaint and raise you 'restating a six-stage boss fight from the beginning after dying on the final form.'

*ahem*KH2*cough*

Excuse me  

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

@ thatmax, I just don't like having to treck through the same thing again and again

Words Of Wisdom said:
What is thing of which you speak called "losing?" Such a concept is foreign to me, please explain.
 if its a RPG then yeah i am the same way...its just not right to facea boss untill you know he wont do much dmg to you and you can just bring the hurt 

ecurbj said:
youjiro said:
its soooo fustrasting losing boss battles! i hate it because i'll be there all day trying to do it.and i hate looking at online guides for hints and tips because i think of it as cheating. but at times its ok because theres normally some kind of save point before the battle, not some mini bosses take the piss

right now i'm playing lost odyessey on the 4th disc and i'm on a series of boss battles which is taking the piss because i was totally unprepared for this series of battles... better get back to work soon

What I learned about RPG's from my sister is to train and level up your squad before going against a boss.

I made that mistake in Final Fantasy X. I was so fustrated trying to take out this boss called Seymour. He was hard as hell but I eventually thrashed him after leveling up my squad and selecting the right people that were suited for that battle.

ye thats the case for most rpg's, train and level up, and yes i did that for FFX as well. as for LO you can only level up a certain amount in areas, so if anything most boss battles come down to strategy and a little buit of luck

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

It's part of the process.

Lose until you win.

I mean, I don't lose at games... But that's how I heard it's done