By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU Sales UP!! -- Flat week

PS3 will sell 150k+ next week, as ive said before though, GT5 will make PS3 sales explode in europe, MGS4 will give it a boost for 2/3 weeks.

Around the Network

NG2 is on the Software charts....but far lower than I expected. Is it possible it wasn't released everywhere in others yet? And if so, what countries lucked out?

Its crazy how much more the PS3 is selling in Others than in NA. It managed to sell 1 mil more than in NA and it launched like 5 months later.

Its not out in Australia yet.

SnakeEyez said:
Its crazy how much more the PS3 is selling in Others than in NA. It managed to sell 1 mil more than in NA and it launched like 5 months later.
360 seems to have won NA, but PS3 will win others + japan easily,so overall sales will be close between the 2 consoles.

Around the Network
PS360ForTheWin said:
SnakeEyez said:
Wii seems to have won NA, but Wii will win others + japan also easily,so overall sales will be close between the 2 HD consoles, but far from the Wii.

Fixed.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

1.NG2 is NOT released everywhere until 7th June. So, the numbers is rational. Either way, i don't expect it to be a hit. But maybe for a first week it will achieve over 250 WW. Not bad either.

2.That's a question, anybody who thinks can answer, please answer. Exactly how many people are buying PS3 ONLY for MGS4? I mean, come on, even GTAIV could not achieve a significant HW boost. Where do you base the safe conclusion that HW will be exploded. The only guys I know here in Greece, are 360 owners who despise PS3 but love the MGS series (on the other hand, personally, after a traumatizing MGS2 experience, I despise the series)

3.Impressive Holland 3-Italy 0. Lets see what Hellas will manage today...

starcraft said:
I may be fundamentally incorrect, but doesn't NG2 come out next week in Europe?

Here in Australia we are part of PAL, and its not out until Thursday...........

Both HD consoles are doing pretty well all things considered. Would have perhaps expected a boost for PS3 in the lead-up to MGS4.

Why? A PS3 now would come without MGS4 bundled and only the 40gb model is available. Also there's no dualshock 3. To buy a PS3 now by most people's standards is border-line stupid. Sales are right where they should be.

all are doing very good in europe

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

LongLiveTheBeatles said:
starcraft said:
I may be fundamentally incorrect, but doesn't NG2 come out next week in Europe?

Here in Australia we are part of PAL, and its not out until Thursday...........

Both HD consoles are doing pretty well all things considered. Would have perhaps expected a boost for PS3 in the lead-up to MGS4.

Why? A PS3 now would come without MGS4 bundled and only the 40gb model is available. Also there's no dualshock 3. To buy a PS3 now by most people's standards is border-line stupid. Sales are right where they should be.

Erm, the PAL bundle for MGS4 is exactly the same as buying the 40GB on it's own, except with MGS4 added.... so the only incentive is to get it cheaper. There is no 80GB nor DS3 in Europe.

I am not sure about the price myself, but I think the RRP for 40GB is £300 and the bundle is £20 more, so you save £20, the GTAIV bundle is supposedly the same so you could get both games and still save £20 getting it now.