By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU Sales UP!! -- Flat week

MGS4 bundle is actually quite better than GT5P bundle as GT5P wasn't full priced game.
We can say that it's as good as GTAIV bundle but it's not like GTA bundle didn't help PS3 sales a lot. It almost doubled PS3 sales (and X360 sales also) then week it was released and in UK sales went up 127% for PS3 hardware and 125% for X360.
I think that MGS4 will have a little weaker openning than PS3 version of GTAIV but on the other hand it is an exclusive title. So some people with X360 but without PS3 will be more likely to buy bundle with MGS than they were when GTAIV bundle was released.

For comparision purposes it may also be noted that GTAIV had 5 days to sell in its first week and MGSIV will have 3 days (most games in Europe have only 2 days).

@Eagle: No, NG2 had 2 days. Just like almost all games released in Europe. Judging from UK first week I wouldn't expect much from this title in Europe.

Around the Network

And you all saying about Ninja Gaiden 2. The biggest release for X360 this week isn't NG2 but Lego Indina Jones: Original Adventures (at least in UK but I think it should be also true for whole region).

DS goes under 200k for the first time since January!

Doom for DS confirmed.

Software numbers up, big winner Lego Indiana Jones.

Mario Kart Wii legs are better than GTA IV Legs

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Netherlands 3 - Italy 0

That's all that really matters in Europe this week.
 lol someone is way too happy about that. Congratulations on the win too, impressive performance, especially by Van de Star. 

brute said:
RolStoppable said:
Netherlands 3 - Italy 0

That's all that really matters in Europe this week.

wow i didnt expect that to happen

Was painful for me to watch.  Hopefully Italy can win their 2 remaining games to qualify.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

well... Mkwii just passed Brawl in sales,
then brawl would probably go back up when European release comes...

PS3 is not saling that much more than 360 anymore =O

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

^MGS will boost PS3 sales though..