By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 breaks 1m sales in PAL territories, time to change the Euro numbers

It doesn't even matter, because if you bumped PS3 up 50k you'd have to bump up Wii 100k and 360 200k because Nintendo/MS PR statements are fluffed up the same way.

Around the Network

Nobody would even notice 50k difference on Wii sales. If anything, I'd be praising VGChartz on how close their numbers were.

DKII said:
It doesn't even matter, because if you bumped PS3 up 50k you'd have to bump up Wii 100k and 360 200k because Nintendo/MS PR statements are fluffed up the same way.

Thanks DK.  That's what I've been trying to explain >_<.  That's just how press works.  It's fluffed, it's exagerated, and it's made to look better than it really is.  Just accept the VGchartz numbers as pretty accurate

blowfish said:
No, sony the company that makes the ps3 have said they have sold over 1,000,000 ps3's in pal regions. Sony know more about how much the ps3 is selling than anybody else FACT. They have access to not only their own data but all third party data that track sales. Sony have said they have sold over a million and if anybody disagrees with it then THEY HAVE TO PROOVE SONY IS LIEING.

You're missing one humongous point here:

How the hell does Sony know what retailer sell-through numbers are? Have you ever worked in a retail channel? Sony can approximate sell-through numbers but retailers do not report exact numbers back to Sony itself.

Now, with that said, do you think it's possible that Sony has "guesstimated" their sell-through numbers a little on the high side?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

It's amazing to me how defensive these Sony fanboys get. Like I said before, if VGC got withing 50k of Nintendo reported numbers after three months, I would be surprised at how close the numbers were.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:

It's amazing to me how defensive these Sony fanboys get. Like I said before, if VGC got withing 50k of Nintendo reported numbers after three months, I would be surprised at how close the numbers were.

people get so defensive because there is no place for them to discuss anything PS3 related without having morons come and ruin it.  When everytime someone tries discussing the PS3 here they have to defend or justify their discussion to people like you that come into threads and taunt them about one thing or another.  Its only natural to get defensive in that kind of environment.

naznatips said:
DKII said:

Thanks DK. That's what I've been trying to explain >_<. That's just how press works. It's fluffed, it's exagerated, and it's made to look better than it really is. Just accept the VGchartz numbers as pretty accurate

So please go ahead and show this conclusive proof that this press release is exagerated and made to look better than it really is.

DKII said:

So go ahead and post the official press releases where nintendo and mircosoft have said they have sold not shipped more than what vgcharts says.

rocketpig said:
blowfish said:
No, sony the company that makes the ps3 have said they have sold over 1,000,000 ps3's in pal regions. Sony know more about how much the ps3 is selling than anybody else FACT. They have access to not only their own data but all third party data that track sales. Sony have said they have sold over a million and if anybody disagrees with it then THEY HAVE TO PROOVE SONY IS LIEING.

You're missing one humongous point here:

How the hell does Sony know what retailer sell-through numbers are? Have you ever worked in a retail channel? Sony can approximate sell-through numbers but retailers do not report exact numbers back to Sony itself.

Now, with that said, do you think it's possible that Sony has "guesstimated" their sell-through numbers a little on the high side?

You're right nobody knows the exact numbers. Fact is only sony has sonys numbers. Whatever paided third party sales trackers this site has access to, sony will have access to them as well. So the fact is sony knows more about how many ps3's were sold then this site does. Sony didnt come out and just say they have sold a million, they have said they have sold OVER a million. So just calling it at a million is less then what sony have said in the first place.

steverhcp02 said:

people get so defensive because there is no place for them to discuss anything PS3 related without having morons come and ruin it. When everytime someone tries discussing the PS3 here they have to defend or justify their discussion to people like you that come into threads and taunt them about one thing or another. Its only natural to get defensive in that kind of environment.

Excuse me, but have you only read the topic's title ??

It by itself puts the Original Poster to shame.