By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 breaks 1m sales in PAL territories, time to change the Euro numbers

NJ5 said:
blowfish said:
kirby007 said:
blowfish said:
NJ5 said:

This was already posted and discussed to death in another place in this forum:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=2898

Well it was only put up on mcv the website/industry magazine today. I still think vgcharts numbers should be changed, their already is a difference of 50,000~ plus 5 days more of sales to add on which would roughly put the total at 70,000~ difference. Like i said i really doubt the ps3 is being outsold by the xbox360 in europe and the main problem with the ps3 estimates on this site are the uk ones, which have the ps3 selling less than half of what the xbox360 does. On amazon the ps3 is ahead of the xbox360 most of time. Also that means with the euro software figures resistance fall of man has sold just under 1.5 million and motorstorm has sold just under 1 million worldwide.

then also wii and 360 numbers should added , but this is once a week

No you've misunderstood what i said. Sony have said they have sold 1,000,000 ps3's in 9 and a half weeks. Thats 1,000,000 in 66.5 days. Vgcharts numbers for the ps3 in europe run from march 23rd till june 3rd. That's a total of 73 days, so actually the difference is 6.5 days (basically a week). And vgcharts after 73 days has the ps3 only at 951,885. So theirs 48,115 of underestimating and thats with an extra 6.5 days worth of sales.

The other posts in the thread should more than convince you that that's basically a non-issue, though.

Move along people, nothing to see here...

Well no not really. When any company comes out and says they have sold (not shipped) 1,000,000 and somewhere else that tracks sales shows a lower number of 951,885 with and extra 6.5 days worth of sales included im going to go by what the company has said, not some third party who doesnt have direct access to the numbers in the first place. ioi does a good job of estimating but when you have the official numbers it's retarded not to use them especially as the difference of 50,000~ plus 6.5 days worth of sales which would be an extra 20,000~ for a total of 70,000~ would be the difference between the ps3 out selling the xbox360 each week in pal regions.

Around the Network
blowfish said:
NJ5 said:
blowfish said:
kirby007 said:
blowfish said:
NJ5 said:

Well it was only put up on mcv the website/industry magazine today. I still think vgcharts numbers should be changed, their already is a difference of 50,000~ plus 5 days more of sales to add on which would roughly put the total at 70,000~ difference. Like i said i really doubt the ps3 is being outsold by the xbox360 in europe and the main problem with the ps3 estimates on this site are the uk ones, which have the ps3 selling less than half of what the xbox360 does. On amazon the ps3 is ahead of the xbox360 most of time. Also that means with the euro software figures resistance fall of man has sold just under 1.5 million and motorstorm has sold just under 1 million worldwide.

No you've misunderstood what i said. Sony have said they have sold 1,000,000 ps3's in 9 and a half weeks. Thats 1,000,000 in 66.5 days. Vgcharts numbers for the ps3 in europe run from march 23rd till june 3rd. That's a total of 73 days, so actually the difference is 6.5 days (basically a week). And vgcharts after 73 days has the ps3 only at 951,885. So theirs 48,115 of underestimating and thats with an extra 6.5 days worth of sales.

The other posts in the thread should more than convince you that that's basically a non-issue, though.

Well no not really. When any company comes out and says they have sold (not shipped) 1,000,000 and somewhere else that tracks sales shows a lower number of 951,885 with and extra 6.5 days worth of sales included im going to go by what the company has said, not some third party who doesnt have direct access to the numbers in the first place. ioi does a good job of estimating but when you have the official numbers it's retarded not to use them especially as the difference of 50,000~ plus 6.5 days worth of sales which would be an extra 20,000~ for a total of 70,000~ would be the difference between the ps3 out selling the xbox360 each week in pal regions.

You have too much faith in corporations. The brainwashing is working well, I guess. My work's over on this thread, over and out.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

blowfish said:
NJ5 said:
blowfish said:
kirby007 said:
blowfish said:
NJ5 said:

If you are going by what the company says then both Nintendo and Microsoft have sold quite a bit more than this site reports as well.  It's calld a spin.  All companies do it.   If you really don't think they would exaggerate their numbers in order to make themselves look better then you must be pretty ignorant of the business world.  There was no official financial report, no 3rd party analysis, just a company SAYING that their own numbers were that high.  I'd much rather beleive this site than a company executive any day.

naznatips said:
If you are going by what the company says then both Nintendo and Microsoft have sold quite a bit more than this site reports as well. It's calld a spin. All companies do it. If you really don't think they would exaggerate their numbers in order to make themselves look better then you must be pretty ignorant of the business world. There was no official financial report, no 3rd party analysis, just a company SAYING that their own numbers were that high. I'd much rather beleive this site than a company executive any day.

This is for both you and NJ5. No im not 'brain washed' by what companies say and if anything you two are brain washed by people telling you all companies lie so their for sony must be lieing that they have sold over 1,000,000 consoles in pal regions...got any proof? Last time i checked microsoft only give out sold to retailer numbers not sold to consumers and nintendos numbers arent greater then what vgcharts says, so no nintendo and microsoft havent said they have sold more than what vgcharts says.

blowfish said:

naznatips said:
If you are going by what the company says then both Nintendo and Microsoft have sold quite a bit more than this site reports as well. It's calld a spin. All companies do it. If you really don't think they would exaggerate their numbers in order to make themselves look better then you must be pretty ignorant of the business world. There was no official financial report, no 3rd party analysis, just a company SAYING that their own numbers were that high. I'd much rather beleive this site than a company executive any day.

This is for both you and NJ5. No im not 'brain washed' by what companies say and if anything you two are brain washed by people telling you all companies lie so their for sony must be lieing that they have sold over 1,000,000 consoles in pal regions...got any proof? Last time i checked microsoft only give out sold to retailer numbers not sold to consumers and nintendos numbers arent greater then what vgcharts says, so no nintendo and microsoft havent said they have sold more than what vgcharts says.

I never said you were brainwashed, I just said you didn't understand much about industry.  You can't ask me for proof, the burden of proof lies with you.  The only proof you have given is a press statement, which had no 3rd party verification to it at all.  You can't ever prove that something does not exist, but you HAVE to prove that something does exist if you expect a site like VGchartz who is providing reasonable and very accurate data to edit their numbers.  A press statement with no exact numbers or any outside the company verification is NOT enough proof.  Certainly not enough for you to start questioning the validity of this site. 

Around the Network
naznatips said:
blowfish said:

naznatips said:

I never said you were brainwashed, I just said you didn't understand much about industry. You can't ask me for proof, the burden of proof lies with you. The only proof you have given is a press statement, which had no 3rd party verification to it at all. You can't ever prove that something does not exist, but you HAVE to prove that something does exist if you expect a site like VGchartz who is providing reasonable and very accurate data to edit their numbers. A press statement with no exact numbers or any outside the company verification is NOT enough proof. Certainly not enough for you to start questioning the validity of this site.

No, sony the company that makes the ps3 have said they have sold over 1,000,000 ps3's in pal regions. Sony know more about how much the ps3 is selling than anybody else FACT. They have access to not only their own data but all third party data that track sales. Sony have said they have sold over a million and if anybody disagrees with it then THEY HAVE TO PROOVE SONY IS LIEING.

blowfish said:
naznatips said:
blowfish said:

naznatips said:

I never said you were brainwashed, I just said you didn't understand much about industry. You can't ask me for proof, the burden of proof lies with you. The only proof you have given is a press statement, which had no 3rd party verification to it at all. You can't ever prove that something does not exist, but you HAVE to prove that something does exist if you expect a site like VGchartz who is providing reasonable and very accurate data to edit their numbers. A press statement with no exact numbers or any outside the company verification is NOT enough proof. Certainly not enough for you to start questioning the validity of this site.

No, sony the company that makes the ps3 have said they have sold over 1,000,000 ps3's in pal regions. Sony know more about how much the ps3 is selling than anybody else FACT. They have access to not only their own data but all third party data that track sales. Sony have said they have sold over a million and if anybody disagrees with it then THEY HAVE TO PROOVE SONY IS LIEING.

Ugh, it's like arguing with a wall.  Look I'm done trying to explain this to you.  You obviously aren't understanding any of my points.  Let's just leave it at VGchartz is accurate enough.

I think there's a simple point here.

If you don't like VG Charts numbers, don't read them.

VGC made their mind up on their numbers. They might be wrong, but they don't owe Sony anything so there's no need for VGC to prove Sony is lieing. It's just their best estimate.

If you don't like it, go elsewhere for your info.

naznatips said:
blowfish said:
naznatips said:
blowfish said:

naznatips said:

Ugh, it's like arguing with a wall. Look I'm done trying to explain this to you. You obviously aren't understanding any of my points. Let's just leave it at VGchartz is accurate enough.

I understand all your points, the bottom line is vgcharts thinks their numbers are better than sonys. /thread

So... VGC is only different from an "official" source by 5-7%? That's really, really, really good. Especially for PAL regions.

Bravo, ioi!!!

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.