By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 LOLz!?!?!?!?!

This really helps you feel like you are in the game and playing as snake, if characters point out even in game that you are playing a F%$§ing videogame.

So Snake now knows he is only a video game character being controlled by someone even mightier than Big Boss?

Total and pure shit.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

@Faxanadu

In MGS2 you can get told to "Turn off the game console" and "Haven't you played the game long enough?" late in the game ...

In MGS1 you get told to change the controller port if you ask otacon for help during a boss fight.

These little jokes are a fun part of MGS :P

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

Ooops sorry didn't mean to post a blank one

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

@Aprisaiden:

That is different. I mean is Snake turning around and saying: Please player, change the controller port.

No. That will be a game instruction to the player, I imagine.

In this conversation, Otacon mentions to Snake that he is a video game character, not a real person and that the game he is in gets played on a PS3.

Imo, very different.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

Lol that is pretty funny. Kojima really IS the man.

Poor Snake... He has 8 more disc to go thru before the end :(

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

@Faxanadu:

It's actually pretty close. You fight Psycho Mantis, who can read you're thoughts, and you can't beat him and you die again and again, until finally Otacon tells you "if you plug your controller into the other port, he might not be able to read your thoughts" (or something like that--it's been a while). Pretty similar to Otacon telling you "you have to change discs." Though of course without the thing about the might of Blue Ray, but it's still a serious brekaing of the fourth wall and reminder you're playing a video game.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

@jalsonmi:

ah ok, thanks.

Though that was a game play induced intrusion. Now this one is just a plain intrusion without any content and nothing.

It is actually funny. Everyone screamed they dont want the game to be interrupted by changing discs and so on. Once that option is given, the game designers use the same amount of time to talk about not having to change discs that was used to actually change discs. Both are intrusions into the flow of the game. The one technically induced, this one Kojima induced.

Very bad decision.

hahah.. that was well implemented.. is it an easter egg or part of the story conversations?