By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yay! Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World Japan preorders at 150k!

johnsobas said:
it's gonna be closer to 180k than to 240k. TOS hasn't ever had good legs even on DS, PSP, or gamecube. 165k-200k would be a much better prediction if you ask me.

Tos was on the ds and psp?

Around the Network
Soriku said:
TheSource says we can expect 180k-240 for the week. FTW!
I've never seen those numbers by a 3rd party in Japan since DragonQuest Swords! Is that really what TheSource said?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

So its just assumption on what the sales of TOS2 then, but I hope those assumptions are true. I want to see a Wii 3rd party game that is on top 1 of Japan charts just like DQ swords did...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
johnsobas said:
it's gonna be closer to 180k than to 240k. TOS hasn't ever had good legs even on DS, PSP, or gamecube. 165k-200k would be a much better prediction if you ask me.

Tos was on the ds and psp?

I think he meant Tales games in general X_X But then again this is SYMPHONIA. You know, the most popular Tales? But if sales are only at 180k or so then it's due to supply. I mean it sold like 70% of its initial shipment on the first day. I mean come on.

Namco set sales expectations for this game a little too low

Tales will reach easily 200k..
That is very good

Around the Network

What are Namco's sales projections for this game?

retailers told namco how many to ship, not the other way around. Also, just because 70% of the first shipment sold out didn't mean there was not another shipment over the weekend, we've seen it happen many times.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Kenology said:
What are Namco's sales projections for this game?

I think they said 300-400K in Japan. I am not sure.  They expected ToS for GC to sell 500K in Japan alone but only sold 320K

^ not bad, it is around 200k

it seems its at 188k,thats not bad at all

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"